Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Hot! Hot! Hot!

 



Good morning folks from a very hot and humid southern Delaware! 

With this kind of continuous heat and humidity one would think I'm living in southern Florida. Well, here on the Delmarva peninsula we do have that geographical feature in common with Florida. Our peninsula is surrounded by water. The Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Chesapeak Bay on the other side. Most summers here in southern Delaware we have our fair share of hot and humid days but the past few years have been brutal.

I can't stay out in this heat and humidity too long. Only minutes in fact or else I'm going to pass out. That almost happened a few years ago when I was trying to push myself on my yard work, I felt myself getting dizzy and about to pass out from heat exhaustion. I barely made it back to our garage. I learned my lesson then, don't push myself or else I'll end up dead. Thus our yard is looking a little shaggy because I haven't been able to trim or pull weeds. Au natural, that's my new landscaping style. Deal with it my dear neighbors. At least I have a green, lush lawn. Not like last year when the army worms turned my backyard into a Martian landscape.

Thank God our air conditioning is working. Unlike my good friend Pat F. who has problems with the air conditioning in his penthouse condo in downtown Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. I feel for Pat, it's so frustrating for him to have his central air conditioner unit running continuously and can't seem to get below 78 degrees. Here, at Casa Tipton-Kelly, with our multiply rooms and floors, our central air works fine. Now I still have a problem with my wall oven. It's not working right even after I had the repair guy in here several times. They were supposed to show up for an appointment last week but they didn't show. And I can't get in touch with them. I've called several times and left a message. Now I can't even leave a message. No one answers the phone. I'm really disappointed in this repair company. I did my due diligence before I called them and they had all great reviews. I don't know what they problem is with them but they just haven't fixed my oven. I can use my oven but I have to push the "ROAST" button to "BAKE." The "BAKE" button doesn't reheat even though the last time the repairman was here he said it did work. He must be a Trumper, just outright lie and expect me to believe him. "Who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes?" I'll say it again, thank God our air conditioner system is working!

Stay cool folks. 





4 comments:

Woody in Ohio said...

As my great grandfather would say "It's hotter than the gates to hell". Haha! Then grandma would say "dad, you got that wrong, it's hotter than blue blazes". That commentary would go on for an hour and all the while they be eating watermelon and drinking sweet teas. LOL! Next week we are going to be in the high 50's. Seems a front in pushing down and over us and with it cool air!! Hooray! To do with your wall oven, how old is it? And has it been repaired before? After being in the property management business for 40 plus years I ask that question to all owners or tenants. Technology has advanced greatly and if it is over 15-20 years old it is probably not worth the effort to repair it. I am a bullheaded tightwad who doesn't want to spend a dime more than I have to. I sometimes would try to source repair parts for ovens online but time is money, too. Take into consideration if you have to sell the house, First thing the buyers will discount are the appliances. Maybe an up grade is in your future. Tkae care and stay indoors. Be safe. Be happy. Adieu from Blue Blazes, Ohio

Ron said...

Woody,
Thunderstorms roared through here last night temporarily lowering the temperatures but not the humidity which is still the killer.
I can manage with my oven it's just that I have to put it on "ROAST" instead of "BAKE". I'm very disappointed in the repair service though. They blew me off. I'll give them a couple more chances before I put my experience on the NextDoor app to share with my neighbors as a warning.
Stay cool Woody!
Ron

Ur-spo said...

Being in ardent heat is par for the course here in August in Arizona.

Anonymous said...

The repair services are busy with the rentals; things should ease up soon. We bought a stove last June, and no one would install it for us until late September!

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...