| Two orphan IKEA bears about to be rescued by Pat from the original IKEA store in Burbank , California during one of our visits to California |
The latest IKEA bear immigrant to the USA is "Jeremy" who made his arrival at the "Idle Eyes and a Dormy" blog home in New York State yesterday.
"Jeremy", has arrive in New York!
My friend Pat who resides in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada rescues these little bears for $1.00 a piece from a pile of bears in a bin at a nearby IKEA store.
I received "Frank" in a big manilla brown envelope in the mail several years ago from Pat.
"Frank", my little IKEA buddy and online Scrabble helper sent from PatFrank still suffers from PTSD from going through one United States Post Office mailing facility machine (the envelope got stuck) but after several months of rehab here in Delaware he's almost back to normal. One ear doesn't quite stand up right but other than an occasional nightmare, Frank is doing just fine. So good he helps me with my online Scrabble games with Pat and Frank's cousin "Jimmy."
"Jimmy" is the original IKEA bear that Pat rescued (he's a "Rescue Bear") from one of those impersonal bins in IKEA that contained hundreds of bears) who resides in a penthouse in downtown Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Jimmy has never had to undergo the rigorous trip the the United States via a manilla envelope and through USPS mail processing machines. Click on the above "Jimmy" link to see a You Tube video of Jimmy teasing Frank about losing an online Scrabble game.
We all wish our best to "Jeremy" and his new home in upper New York state and his Broadway aspirations.
Jimmy and his cousins like "Bjorn", who recently made the trip to Los Angeles California, the home of Glenn and his cat Sadie. Pat gave Glenn strict instructions that "Jeremy" was not to be used as a plaything for Sadie the cat. Glenn just sent this photo of Bjorn to me this morning of Bjorn working on his tan. that's the kind of thing they do in California, not so much in upper state New York. Bjorn has no Hollywood aspirations though.
| "Bjorn" of California workin on his tan this morning. |
In the past several years during our travels we have delivered in person IKEA bears to our friend Nadege in Hollywood.
| Nadege with her IKEA rescue bear |
Also to our friends Dr. Spo and Someone we presented two of these rescue IKEA bears at their wedding in Palm Springs.
| Spo and Someone tie the knot in Palm Springs, California! |
We do not know what happened to these bears, perhaps they're in Spo's back storage room with his other bears (Spo gets a lot of bears). Hopefully they have a happy home in Phoenix, Arizona. they get to use the pool during those Hellish hot summer Arizona days ("but it's a dry heat!").
There are many more IKEA rescue bears that have now found homes across this great nation of ours.
Don - Philadelphia,, PA
Larry - Claymont, DE
Stuart - Boca Raton, FL
Randy - Nowhere, NB
And others I have forgotten. I hope they all have happy and loving homes. In these times of great stress and worry and especially in the Age of COVID, why not have a little fun?
And just remember, "bears" come in all iterations!
| Some of my Mom's bears I rescued when she passed on. I hope when I pass on they find a good home. |
6 comments:
Hi Ron! Love the rescue bears! Have you heard from Nadege recently? It's been quite a long time since either of us has heard from her. Just wondering...
I just hope I don't corrupt Jeremy with my wayward lifestyle.
Sassybear
www.idleeyesandadormy.com
Walt,
I love the IKEA rescue bears too. I could take the whole barrel full. I have three more in my closet. Yes, we have heard from Nadege. A couple of weeks ago Pat and I had a Zoom call with here. She is doing well, still busy with her work on the movie set with James Cameron. She's still looking forward to retiring. I'll tell herron where asking about here.
Ron
Sassybear,
I hope so too! Jeremy is very innocent and trusting.
Ron
Ron - what a fabulous posting!! Jimmy has made copies and sent them out to all his cousins.
Pat
Pat,
Thanks! You always boost my self-confidence!
Ron
Post a Comment