![]() |
| Me waiting for my eye doctor this morning - yes, I've aged a lot in the past two months |
Finally, I'm scheduled for a COVID vaccination shot.
It's been so frustrating trying to get a COVID vaccination. I live in Delaware, president Biden's home state. One would think I would have no problem especially since I'm in the second group (old, cancer survivor). But, I've signed up to three websites (Walgreens, Beebe Hospital, and a national website), and nada. I get the same response, "No availability." Then today I get a notice from the VA that they now have COVID vaccinations for veterans. They sent me a link. I click on the link and get five pages of verbiage. Where do I make the appointment? Coincidentally, while I was looking I received a call from the VA following up on Bill's macular degeneration eye condition. I told them that Bill was now in hospice care and we don't need a support group to help Bill with his loss of vision. However, I did tell her that she could help me to navigate the VA website to make a vaccination appointment. She suggested I contact my local outpatient clinic, which I did and viola! I have an appointment at 2:30 PM tomorrow afternoon, which is right in the middle of my daily nap time (which I've been able to resume late last week now that Bill and I have settled into a routine). Of course I will go tomorrow to get my vaccination. I requested a vaccination for Bill but his doctor turned that down which I understand. Bill is in hospice care and at his age (92), and condition, getting vaccination wouldn't be viable.
As I mentioned earlier, Bill and I are settling into a routine, which is good. Our life is going back to some normality. I still have to help Bill undress, take a shower and dress. I also have to daily change his dressing on his leg which has edema and is weeping. I'm managing. This is the new normal now. Bill is managing going to the bathroom by himself which is a big help. He's also getting his sense of humor back, which is another good sign. I miss my job at the hotel though. Working two days a week at the hotel provided the proper balance in my life, that worked for me. I hope I can go back to that routine sometimes in my life. But for now I have different responsibilities.
Oh, two more good things today, I had my eye examination this morning. I couldn't take Bill with me because they're only allowing patients in the eye institute because of COVID restrictions. For the first time since Bill came home I had to leave him alone for about two hours. When I came back home he thought something had happened to me (a car accident) and was panicking. He completely forgot that I told him I would be gone for about two hours (which I was). I calmed him down and life is back to normal now. I don't need new glasses but my cataracts are still forming. My doctor told me I would know when I needed cataract surgery. I couldn't get cataract surgery at this time anyway.
Another good thing today, my Time Machine backup is working on my iMac. I changed my external hard drive. Don't ask me why one isn't working and the other is. Some of this computer stuff still baffles me. All I know is that this new backup is taking about fourteen hours for the initial backup. I have a lot of photos and videos.
One more good thing, my first daffodil bloomed today. Spring is coming!

10 comments:
I got my first Covid shot yesterday and I was very impressed with how organized they were. I was in and out in half an hour. My only side effects were pain at the injection site which Advil relieved and I was very sleepy. 24 hours later I was fine. I go back in three weeks for the second one. I hope you do as well as I did. Glad things are settling down at home. Cindy
Yay for your COVID vaccination, the daffodils, and Bill's return home! Baby steps, it's always just baby steps.
Be well.
Bill Jay
In a well oiled , very small country like Holland we don't get our vaccin before June !
So be happy you got yours today , not everything is bad in the USA .
And yes , the first daffodil ! Spring flower of new life ...
Cindy,
I am so looking forward to getting my COVID shot this afternoon. Finally!
Ron
Yes, Baby Steps Will Jay, baby steps but in the right direction.
Ron
Anonymous,
I'm surprised that you in Holland aren't getting your first COVID shots until June. By the way, I have a blog follower in Holland? I love it!
Ron
XO---that is all i have for this morning...
VRCooper,
Thank you!
Ron
My husband and Ricky got his second vaccination today. Now we a both protected. I does give you some peace of mind.
Ron,
I am still waiting on Delaware to get the vacs to my clinic. I am also I the top group. almost 80 and have ALS. Come on Carney do something positive.
Lar
Post a Comment