Tuesday, April 09, 2019
Daffodils Spring 2019
Let us pause in the daily travails and enjoy this short video of my spring daffodils in full bloom.
I love daffodils! They are the cheerful harbinger of spring. Spring, that time of year of rebirth.
After a long cold winter, seeing the cheerful yellow daffodils heads dancing in the wind sooth my psyche on these stressful days.
Every fall I plant more daffodils. Last night I placed an order with Brecks for even more daffodils to plant this fall.
Can never have enough daffodils!
Looking at this video I am again reminded that this is my last move. I am totally happy here on our one acre of land in southern coastal Delaware. Of course I miss hills and mountains and warm weather and the beat and throb of the city but here is where I will end my days. Of course punctuated with my quarterly excursions with Pat, my Canadian Travel Buddy.
Living the dream folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labor Day Weekend
Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today - I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
In college I majored in marketing. I loved that major. Unfortunately I did not pursue a career in marketing. But that doesn't men tha...
4 comments:
Beautiful, Ron. If you want a flower to cheer you up there's absolutely nothing to touch those happy, smiley daffs.
Our Springtime flowers have been having a bit of a struggle this year. Spring? We've got four or five successive frosty nights coming up. Yuk!
Ray,
I can never have enough daffodils. First year here I forgot to plant daffodils in the fall. The following spring came without cheerful yellow daffodils to greet me, sad. I quickly corrected that. Now every fall I plant more daffodils. More and more!
Ron
Ron,
The Skunk Cabbage is really in bloom, just green after green after green.
Lar
So lovely!
This is where you can spread my ashes.
Post a Comment