Thursday, January 28, 2010
Yesterday I finally succumbed to all the hype and saw the most popular movie of all time, Avatar.
I was not disappointed. Avatar was perhaps the best movie I have ever seen in my life.
Avatar contains all the qualities I like in a great movie:
• Great production values – the special effects are spectacular
• Riveting story line
• Good character development
• Excellent direction, all the scenes flow together smoothly
• Super pacing – even though the movie is long, it moves fast
• Superior casting and acting - everyone was perfect for their role
I could go on about many of the wonderful aspects of this movie but suffice it for me to say that this is one great movie.
This is the first 3-D movie I’ve ever seen and I’m ruined now. It’s going to be hard to go back to two dimensional movies. There were times when I almost had to bat away the floating mayfly type insects that almost touched my nose. And a couple of times I almost ducked when a weapon was pointed at me!
This is a movie I have to see and will see again. And again. I want to go back into that world.