
Me, 1962 (20 years old) in front of the White House during my Army stint at Ft. Meade, Maryland when I believed in the goodness of America
This is 20 year old me in 1962 standing in front of the White House. I was in the Army stationed at nearby Ft. Meade, Md (NSA). John F. Kennedy was president and I believed in the goodness of America. Little did I know that less than a year later Kennedy would be dead and the belief that I had then would be changed to now, at the end of my life with the obscenity of the Trump White House. The corruption, lawlessness, hate and chaos. My one wish before I die is to see America's goodness restored.
4 comments:
The Orange One's increasing daily decrepitude is so plain to observe it's beyond belief that there are still some - too many - who continue to tolerate, even defend him for it. For ANYone else it would long ago have been curtains!
Ray,
Every morning I wake up hoping that the whole Trump Thing was a cruel nightmare. Alas, it is still true. I hope I live long enough to see it collapse and the United States return to normality, whatever that would be now.
Ron
Who is that stud standing in front of the White House? Someone is going to sweep you up and make you a pet.
I have the same wish.
We DO have a great country. It was built on norms and folks doing the right thing. Yes, we can go into a full-blown dissertation on this very subject, but we will save it for another time.
Now we have a handful of individuals and enablers. doing the bidding of a few. If you step back and look at the big picture, it's absurd how the United States is in the position it's in.
The ball of yarn is unraveling. Here's to a better future. Have a great weekend.
Vic,
Yep, that's goofy me back in the day. Thanks for the card wishing me and Pat well on our wedding. You're very thoughtful.
Ron
Post a Comment