These days I spend a lot of time thinking about the two great loves of my life. With all the chaos going in in our country now, I often retreat into these fond memories.
Few people are a fortunate as I am.
I still miss Bill a lot. Rarely a week goes by that I don't tear up when I see something around Casa Tipton-Kelly that brings back a fond memory of Bill. That's one reason I will never leave here alive, I love living here with my loving memories of Bill. When I leave here it will be like when Bill left here, on stretcher. Bill left unconscious on that stretcher pulled by two paramedics and put into an ambulance on a cold Wednesday night in February for the Delaware Hospice Center in Milford, Delaware. As I followed him in my car I knew he would never be returning to his home here alive. That night will always be one of the saddest of my life, only surprised by the telephone call I received at 1:20 AM three days later (Saturday) from a nurse at Delaware Hospice telling me "I'm sorry to inform you that Mr. Kelly has passed away." I will never forget that phone call for the rest of my life. Even though I was expecting this call, I was still stunned and in shock. After hearing those words my life changed forever. But life goes on.
![]() |
| Bill and Pat May 27, 2018 |
Pat is in the last step of us getting permission to get married. He has to submit his paperwork to the American Consulate in Montreal, Canada. Once the consulate reviews that paperwork they will interview him and hopefully give the go ahead for him for us to get married. Then this whole new chapter starts in my life. The last chapter.
| Pat and Bill May 22, 2017 |

4 comments:
That last picture should give you joy. I don't know what they were talking about but they sure seem to enjoy each other. You are so lucky to have had 2 great loves of your life. And chaos is the understatement. Oh my god; each day I can't believe, Ron, that we are living in this nightmare.
Elle,
Every now and then I just have to stop and think how lucky I have been with my life. This time around because I believe we live many lives. Even in the midst of this Trump chaos, I still have a good life but I still miss Bill terribly. Each day is one day closer to being with Bill. Thank you for your comment.
Ron
I had a call like that so I know what you’re saying. I moved away from my house in part because the politics in my red state contributed to my loss. But all my good memories and memorabilia came with me. There is not a day goes by that I don’t cherish them. Wishing you well, Ron.
Ivy,
I live in a blue state (Delaware) but the county (Sussex) where I live is the southern most county of Delaware and actually The South. Plenty of red staters here!
Ron
Post a Comment