Sunday, September 15, 2024

Another Sad Saturday

Bill and me, July 2010
Photo taken fourteen years ago.
I will not have to wait fourteen years until Bill and I are reunited.
When that day happens I truly will be in Heaven. I will be home with Bill.



 Yesterday was another sad Saturday. 

Bill died early Saturday morning February 22, 2024. 

It took me several months before I realized why I was more sad on Saturdays since Bill died. 

I realize now that Saturday's will never be the same for me for the rest of my life. 

Yes, I'm still grieving for Bill. But I now realize I have comfort knowing Bill is in a much better place. 

I do believe in an Afterlife. I don't believe in man made religion with all the threats of retribution by a vengeful God if you don't sufficiently praise him enough an accept "his son" Jesus Christ as  your savior. All that never did make sense to me, no offense to my Christianity religious followers of this blog. I don't condemn anyone's beliefs, whatever gives you comfort is my belief. I won't try to change you and don't try to change me into believing something that just never made sense to me. 

I do believe in an Afterlife. I believe all those near death experiences. I believe we are here to learn but then when our time is done here on earth we return "home." That's where Bill is now, with his beloved dogs and with his mother and his father who he never knew. I also know that Bill awaits me. And one thing I know for sure, it won't be too many years until I pass on from this life and return to my "home" with Bill. 

That's what keeps me going folks. 

In the meantime I'll deal with the Sad Saturdays and remember all those good years that I was blessed to lie with Bill. 

4 comments:

Joel Reisteter said...

Four days later, Yes, Ron, I do believe Bill is is this "Better Place" as you wrote. As a Catholic Christian of varying beliefs, I still cannot really understand this concept of "Hell" in all my 68 years of life. About the best I can come up with is a "place" for those who reject Good, that's two o's, not one. I also believe in the concept of "purgatory" where our spirits are cleansed from the imperfections of our past life, or if we hold onto those imperfections and refuse to let go, then our spirits go to "hell."
As for early Saturday mornings, about 7 AM, it is wash day for me. Lately, in the last 3 or 4 months, and after reading your unfortunate news that Bill died, I often think about you and Bill. I've concluded that Bill was a good spirit on earth and so are you.

Joel

Ron said...

Joel,
I largely believe as you do about Hell and Purgatory. I don't believe in the "man made religion" that injected the fear of God in so much of their teachings. I believe there is a greater power and that divine being loves us, even the bad ones who probably do spend time in purgatory because they are damaged. One thing I am absolutely sure of is that Bill was a good spirit while he was here on earth and Pat is also a good spirit. Both just inhabited their early bodies while they are here during their earthly lifetime. I an confident that I will be reunited with Bill's spirit when I end my earthly existence.
Ron

Ur-spo said...

In time what fades is the sorrow and what remains is the Love. Or so I hope.

Ron said...

Spo,
You're right. The sorrow is fading but the love remains. One of my solaces is that I know Bill is in a much better place. But oh how I miss him. I am half of myself. I always will be the rest of my life.
Ron

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...