![]() |
| Pat and me at the Purple Parrot in Rehoboth Beach Sunday evening |
Oh my goodness folks, Pat has arrived. He arrived late Sunday afternoon, just as dusk was falling.
His trip was a little over nine hours. He was afraid he would be tired and grumpy after his long trip but he wasn't. He attributed his well being to the Ford Edge SUV he rented. He said it was sooo comfortable.
Finally, Casa Tipton-Kelly has another living being here to make this house a home. Oh how wonderful it was! And who better to make it a home than sweet and gentle Pat.
We went out to the Purple Parrot for dinner, which was a disaster (terrible over priced food) but it was so good to see Pat again and to get out and enjoy life. I was getting so morose. Dangerously so that at times I just wanted to end it all.
Since Pat has been here life has been a whirlwind of activity. So much to do. Too much to relate here now because I want to take a nap and get ready for the Tipton Cinema tonight, at which I will have company. I haven't been watching movies myself lately, since Bill passed because I just couldn't get into it. But since Pat is here, I have a new life. A reason to look forward to many more adventures with my good friend Pat. We do so enjoy each other's company. Even when things don't go as they should. Like this afternoon we spent almost two hours waiting to get my driver's license renewed only to find out that was all wasted time because I was there too early. But it's all good, whenever Pat and I do things together, even when things go awry we laugh it off as "There goes two hours we'll never get back."
The other night we watch "Ted II". Normally that's a movie I wouldn't watch because I'm not a Mark Wahlberg fan and I don't usually like that kind of gross humor but watching the movie with Pat, it was fun. I enjoy what he enjoys.
We've hit a couple of restaurants, the worst being the aforementioned Purple Parrot but some other good ones like Nectar (one of our favorites) and a new one today Zaza Cafe in Milton. It is so nice to out again and enjoy life.
Pat also put together my new stand up desk. I hate to assemble things but Pat is good at it. We do work good as a team.
We spend a couple more days here then we're off to Philly to visit out friend Don then to Pat's home in Canada. I'll try and keep up but I might not. Too busy enjoying life again.
By the way, Pat brought me the nicest poem in memory of Bill that he framed. I put it in Bill's bedroom along with his ashes, flag and other personal items of Bill which I am not removing from his bedroom. I wish to keep his room as it was when he left. I will always love Bill and I will always have fond memories of our life together. Bill did tell me shortly before he left that he wanted me to enjoy my life with Pat. That was Bill's love for me. I am so fortunate to have had Bill in my life and now Pat.
I have hope folks, after a very dark period after Bill's death I have hope. However long I have left, I know my remaining days will be happy with this wonderful man from Canada, the kind and sweet gentleman named Pat.

6 comments:
So very happy Pat has cheered you up and you are enjoying life again! Keep it up, both of you.
Life is meant to be explored and lived to it's fullest potential. Every moment should be enjoyed. Even the bad and ugly times serve a purpose and that is often a pathway to better and happier times. I was recently listening to a podcast that was focused on the value of life and how short a time we have here on planet Earth. The guy was saying let's say for the sake of simplicity that the average life is 100 years. Again to simplify things say that you are 70 years old. When you put it on a graph and see proportionaly how much time is left it is scarey. It is especialy scarey when you figure te average age of death is 85 years old. Damn, we are wasting time! We got to get our ass in gear and prioritize what is important and get busy living. Anything over 85 is gravy on the mash potatoes or icing on the cake. It is important to make a plan and try to stick to it. Do what is important to you and your self worth. A very wise little old lady and friend of mine for 65 years recently died at 105. When i visited her just a few days before her death she said to be "nobody should ever live this long". I asked why and she said "hell I ran out of shit to do at 90 and nobody else could figure out what to do with me. We had done it all by 95 and hell a munch of them died 30 years ago. I been lucky that my money has held out but most of the folks money runs out in their 70's. It hasn't been fun, You got about 10 good years left enjoy them and if the money runs out hell they got to take care of you. And remember there is right now a hell of a lot of us old folks than there are young folks. They can't ignore us for very long." She made a good point and there is a lot of truth in it. Personally I have a purpose to get up each day and I enjoy it. Yeah, I am in a lot of pain, my health is in the crapper but so is the guy next door. I joke with him about preparing the menu for the week and prepping for it. He says let's just share carry out from down the street. I say lets compromise. I'll cook and you pay for it. He says who is going to do the dishes. I say what else do you have to do? Life is full of compromises and it always will be right to the frigging end. It's like you two, Ron and Pat, having a crappy meal that you over paid for. It was bad but hey it gave you something to talk about and laugh about. It was worth it. It is sort of like the glass half full-half empty. LOL. Enjoy life folks. Time is running out FAST. But be safe, be careful, be happy doing whatever it is you are going to do. So says Woody in Ohio
Pat is in the house!!
I am so happy you are enjoying your time with Pat. Pat looks great. Tell him to keep that beard trimmed and in order. I don't want him to look like he just came out of hibernation from the winter.
I see you have a little spring in your step.
Come on Ron why are you eating at the Purple Parrot? This is a chain restaurant and may even be a tourist trap. I need to fly out there and we can put our heads together and find LOCAL, HIDDEN GEMS in your neck of the woods. I just love finding where the LOCALS go to grab a bite.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g34039-zfz10665-Milton_Delaware.html
great local vegetarian restaurants in Milton Delaware -- try putting this in your search bar and a few restaurants will pop up
I need my boys to have a proper meal.
Have fun.
You are lucky to have Pat. And he is lucky to have you. I am happy for you both and I believe Bill is too. Life IS good. Have fun! Enjoy it! Blog posts can wait.
Thanks for cultivating a positive community around your blog. It's truly uplifting. Find fellow Aviator players to team up with on our blog.
I hope the visit is a cheerful one for you.
Post a Comment