![]() |
| Bill Kelly obituary |
Bill's obituary appeared in our local newspaper today, the Cape Gazette.
I wrote Bill's obituary. I think I captured his personality. I wished he could have read it. Even though Bill was a very private person, I think he would have been proud of this obituary I wrote for him.
This afternoon a representative from the local funeral home came to our home and presented me with an American flag in honor of Bill's service to our country. Bill would have really liked that. I put that flag and printed proclamation thanking Bill for his service to our country in his room.
I will not change that room for a long time.....if ever.
![]() |
| American flag honoring Bill for his service to our country now with him in his bedroom |


9 comments:
Very nice obituary, you did him proud, he would have loved it. Thanks for sharing it. Nice veteran gesture by the funeral home.
Jim
Jim,
That was a very pleasant surprise by the funeral home coming to my home to give me Bill's death certificates and a little ceremony delivering the glad. Made me feel so good and Bill would have loved it.
Ron
That was a lovely obituary! He would be so proud of you. I think it is wonderful that the funeral home brought the flag to you, so fitting.Thinking of you daily....
I agree: that is a lovely obituary. Captured his essence. Hope each day is getting better for you. Nice to have Bill home. When my dad's ashes were returned to my mom, she put them in a cabinet in the dining room, so that she would pass them all the time. Talked to him daily! At first, she said she thought, how nutty. And then realized what comfort it was to her to talk to my dad; even though he was no longer physically there, she felt him all around her. I say do what gives you comfort.
Jim,
Thank you as always for your welcome comments.
Ron
Michele,
Thank you. I know Bill would be pleased with his obituary. I tried to capture his personality and uniqueness without overdoing it.
Ron
Elle,
I always thought having someone's ashes at home was creepy. Not now, I understand. I talk to bill every day now. I am so comforted knowing he is back in one of his favorite rooms, his basement bedroom. I understand completely your Bob talking to your dad everyday. Now I get it.
Ron
Ron, you’ve written a most eloquent tribute to Bill. What a beautiful life of service to our country, his military duty, of course, and a volunteer, no less, plus using his training to help build a better nation here at home. Thank you for sharing.
I hadn’t realized Bill was born just two months before my dad.
Ivy,
Bill was very proud of his service to our country. He wanted to make a career of the Air Force but unfortunately he had to leave to help support his mother. That was Bill, always sacrificing for someone else. I never met his mother, she died a year before I met Bill. She died suddenly of a brain aneurysm. He often talked about how much he missed his mother. I wish I could of met her. Unfortunately she didn't approve of him being gay. My Mother didn't but she learned to accept it. I was still her son.
Ron
Post a Comment