It took a mom protecting her children to finally wake up the Philadelphia police to enforce the law against dirt-bikes and ATV's riding on public streets in Philadelphia.
I'm from Philadelphia and lived and worked in Philadelphia many years. Before COVID and my caretaking responsibilities which began two and a half years ago, I used to visit Philly twice a year. I noticed the last time I visited that ATV's and dirt-bikes were riding down Chestnut Street, right in center city. WTF? I thought it was ILLEGAL to ride that type of vehicle on a city street or any public roads! Well, IT IS! But, the Philadelphia Police under the leadership (?) of Denise Outlaw obviously decided to look the other way. WTF? I lived in Philadelphia when Frank Rizzo was the police commissioner and then mayor. While Frank Rizzo had his many detractors one thing you could count on with Mayor Rizzo was such activity would never be tolerated.
I consider myself a liberal in most respects but I am definitely against this kind of relaxation of the laws that permit this kind of terrorism to happen, jumping and breaking the back window of this mother's car when her two young children were in the back seat. Thank God no one was injured. This could have quickly have escalated into a real tragedy.
As a result of this incident the Philadelphia Police have finally taken action to remove ALL of the illegal dirt-bikes and ATV's from the Philadelphia City streets. It's about time.
Now to lock up those gangs of looters who are stealing and vandalizing those center city stores.
3 comments:
The video you posted was something. The man has been caught and arrested.
The organized and targeted thugs that go into stores and steal everything that is not nailed down are amazing. I do not follow the ongoings closely but the sight is astonishing. I have seen some stores where every shelf is locked up does not make sense. If I and others walk in and want something we would have to get someone to unlock the cases. I don't see an increase in staff to support this.
I was in a grocery store recently in Denver and one of the cashiers came up to the one who was finishing up with me asking if he saw the guy walking by him pushing a shopping cart filled to the brim with unpaid foodstuffs. She went on to detail what he had in his cart. I asked them if this happens often. They said yes. They stated they couldn't do anything about it. They have to let them go. The employee went to the door and relayed that he was walking down the street with the cart.
This is the end result of the economic conditions in America.
Vic,
I don't agree with your last statement "This is the end result of the economic conditions in America." The thief that walked out of the store with a grocery cart full of items was just that, a thief. When I lived in center city Philly I shopped just once in the grocery store one street over which was in the black section of center city Philly (this was back in the 70's, it's all gentrified now). I witnessed first hand thieves loading up with dozens of panty hose and just waking out the door. Don't tell me that's "economic conditions." That thievery to supply their drug habit.
Ron
Remember Ron two things can be right at the same time---It's not binary---
Post a Comment