Good morning folks!
Check it out, I now have a mini solar powered pond fountain in my naturalized pond.
Unlike my ponds at our Pennsylvania house I decided to go natural with this pond. And as you can see I have a "pea soup" pond. Hopefully that pond water will clear up once my pond plants are established and a proper PH balance is established.
Our ponds at our Pennsylvania house were near the house and thus easy to hook up to an electrical outlet. Here the pond is all the way at the other end of our almost one acre backyard. Running an electrical line out that far just isn't feasible. Nor do I want electric running all the time.
We enjoyed the gentle water sounds of the pond fountain at our Pennsylvania house but here in Delaware the pond is too far away from the house for us to hear the soothing sound of gently splashing water. However, I did want to give some aeration in the water for the now dozen or so goldfish that live in the pond.
I love this pond. Still a work in progress though. I will keep you updated.
10 comments:
The pond is beautiful, love the shape!
Looks great---If you notice looking out the window a 6 foot 1 gay man laying naked by your pond catching some rays don't be alarmed it's just me---Happy Monday and week---
The pond is lovely. Is there a reason you located it so far from the house? I'm sure you had your reasons. What do you do with the fish in the winter? Enjoy!
Paranormal John
joonaan,
Thank you for the compliment. The shape of my pond was my idea alone. I studied all the books on ponds and decided to make my own shape.
Ron
Paranormal John,
At our house in Pennsylvania I had the pond near our house. I could hear the water trickling. Here at our home in Delaware, having a pond near the house didn't fit. I felt the location of the pond was more in balance with the backyard to have it at the back of our backyard. It works fine back there. Now to get the water cleared up. I'm working on it.
Ron
Alright VRCooper, you got my hopes up about "noticing that 6 foot one inch gay man lying naked my my pond catching some rays:.
My pond is actually bigger than the "pool" that was at our VRB rental in Palm Springs a few years ago. That "pool" was more of a hot tub.
Ron
I remember now I had a similar pond when I lived in Ann Arbor. I loved the sound of the water.
Oh, I love this.
I have coveted a pond for the longest time.
XOXO
Ur-spo,
I have two solar powered pond fountains in the pond now. I've ordered two more. Not only do they aerate the water for the fish I love the sound. Now to clear up the pea soup color. I'm working on it.
Ron
Sixpence Nothewiser,
I too have wanted a pond for the longest time since we moved to Delaware in 2006. I had three ponds when we lived in Pennsylvania. I decided late last summer to just do it, and have a hole dug for a pond here on our almost one acre of property here in southern coastal Delaware. I'm glad I did!
Ron
Post a Comment