Thursday, June 02, 2022

Vanity Fair Meme - Part 1




 Got the idea for this post from Ur-spo of "Spo-Relfections" blog.

It's been a long time (years actually) since I posted one of these personality revealing question and answer blog posts. Here goes:


1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?


Good health, comfortable home, no debt and living out my life with someone I love and who loves me.


2. What is your greatest fear?

Losing our democracy to the far right wing white racists supremacists MAGA mob.


3. What is the trait you find most deplore in yourself?

Inability to forgive when I'm wronged by somebody.


4. What is the trait you find most deplorable in others?

The ease at which many can be brainwashed into believing the Trump/Republican lies.


5. Which living person do you most admire?

Dr. Anthony Fauci.


6. What is your greatest extravagance?

Shirts. I am to shirts what Imelda Marcos was to shoes.


7. What is your current state of mind?

Fearful, apprehensive, depressed.


8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

Religiosity, the so called "Christian values" which are all too often just a synonym for hypocrisy which so many so called Christian Evangelicals prove over and over again. 


9. On what occasion do you lie?

I don't lie. I can only remember twice in my life that I lied. One time was when I joined the Army and I checked "NO" on the application form that asked if I had "Homosexual tendencies." The other time I'm not telling. 


10.  What do you most dislike about your appearance?

My posture. I used to think my lack of a straight back was my laziness in standing up straight. Many years later I realized I have a very common condition called curvature of the spine. I couldn't stand ramrod straight if I tried.


11. Which living person do you most despise?

Putin (used to be Trump). Putin is the personification of evil. He has a lot of competition. Mitch McConnell and forty-nine Republican senators also in the running. 



6 comments:

Joel Reisteter said...

My response to some of your self-reflective questions:

1.) I totally agree with you on this one. A tad bit jealous of you and Bill.

2.) Agree 100% with you on this one too.

5.) Dr. Fauci, also, for his work in AIDS research and the current SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.

6.) Over your adult lifetime, I wildly guess you have bought or were gifted with over 1600 shirts? My extravagance is collecting concert recordings of the rock group Grateful Dead.

11.) Both Putin & Trump. Putin for the same reasons and Trump for being a lying sore loser.

Joel Reisteter said...

Youtuber David Pakman reports that Vladimir Putin has cancer. Confirmed by Newsweek.
(I cannot provide any links to Youtube's Pakman's show or to Newsweek here.)

Jeff said...

I would say you didn't lie. Those are not tendencies. Christian Evangelicals have taken over my stepson, sorry to say. Putin is the master. Trump is the puppet. Both are evil.

Ron said...

Joel,
Good to hear from you again! On the shirts, I'm probably overcompensating on the shirts because when I was growing up I could never get a shirt or a sweater to fit me because of my long orangutan arms. No one ever gave me shits and if they did I doubt if I would have kept them. I'm very selective as to what kind of shirts I have. On Putin, I hope he has cancer and suffers a long and painful death. He is evil.
Ron

Ron said...

Jeff,
I am so sorry that Christian Evangelicals have taken over your stepson. I have a long time good friend, same thing. He's totally brainwashed. It's a shame.
Ron

Ur-spo said...

thank you for doing this; I enjoyed the answers.

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...