All right folks, fun time again.
A few days ago I was so sick. I spent most of the day in bed. I had a runny nose, head congestion, body aches and just feeling miserable. I took one of those home COVID tests. I thought for sure "This is it! I have COVID." However the test came out negative. So I don't know what hit me but I'm on the mend now. Still a bit weak but the runny nose is history and I just have my normal aches and pains now.
Yesterday I posted a video of Harold, one of my favorite people in the world. This is an 89 year old gentleman who enjoys each days as it comes in spite of his age and health issues. Harold is a true inspiration. God bless him!
Today I'm posting one of my favorite types of blog postings, a LIST!
This is a list of things I HAVEN'T DONE. Check it and see if you can guess which things I haven't done. I think you will be surprised.
NEVER HAVE I EVER
Give yourself one point for each thing you haven't done
Broken a bone
Skipped school
Fired a gun
Been skydiving
Ridden in a limo
Had braces
Gotten a massage
Gotten a tattoo
Been swimming in the ocean
Dyed my hair
Watched Star Wars
Ridden a horse
Given birth
Sung karaoke
Gotten a ticket
Gone scuba diving
Eaten sushi
Been on a train
Gone zip liming
Been camping
Eaten food that fell on floor
Gone skinny dipping
Left the country
Been in an ambulance
Met someone famous
Been on TV
Been on a cruise
Gotten piercings
My score is fourteen things I haven't done on this list. What is your score?

16 comments:
I give myself 6 points for the 6 items on that list that I will never, never ever, do.
I had the exact same "illness" that you had. The craziest thing about that "illness" was the runny, constantly running, nose. It took me an entire week to completely recover. I had a visit from a registered nurse that my health insurance company sent out to check up on me. He said that it was something that was going around town and everybody gets over it in about a week. I asked questions. He said no explanation for the running like a faucet nose and the congested sinuses. I asked the obvious question, "what do we all seem to have in common that might explain it". You are all old he said. We laughed and I think that was the best medicine.The fact that he was "eye candy" helped, too. He called me everyday until I felt better. I think the fact that somebody cared and he was somebody to talk to helped, A LOT. I must say that I am still a little weak and I am worried that I won't get the strength back like it was before. I am only just 69 1/2 years old for gawds sake and I am supposed to be enjoying these golden years. Yeah, right! The only thing golden is my urine.
You hang in there Ron. You inspire me to carry on living. We got to keep on taking care of ourselves because I honestly don't know who else is going to do it. Last year at this time I spent a week in the hospital and then woke up a week later in a nursing and assisted living facility. I spent an additional 30 days in that facility which 14 days of I had to pay for out of pocket. Expensive! Damn near had a stroke when I got that bill. And it was piss poor care that I got, and the rest of the inmates, too. I had to stay because we were on a Covid lock down. I put in a complaint and said I should not of had to pay for that 14 days because I had been ready to go home when the out break happened. Anyway, keep on trucking Ron. I guess I should say keep on mowing that lawn! Did you know the scent of fresh mown grass is a very potent male aphrodisiac? I think I read that In Men's Health. Whatever. Ron, you a wonderful rest of your day and a good tomorrow.
I wonder where you contracted that malady you had? You don’t seem to come into contact with a lot of people to have been exposed to it. I’m glad it wasn’t Covid.
About your ‘never have I ever’ list: I guess I’ve lead a dull life, 18 of the items on the list apply to me.
Jim
My score is 7! I have never….
Been skydiving (no way, never!) Ridden in a limo, Gotten a tattoo (no way, never!), Sung karaoke, Gone scuba diving(no way, never!), Gone zip lining, Been on a cruise (but I’m going on an Alaskan cruise May 2023!)
Hello Ron,
Glad you are on the mind.
I walked away with 14 points.
I have done alot. I would liked to have skydived. I had a chance once but didn't go through with it. I shot a rifle in basic and got yelled out becuase I was hitting my neighbor's target instead of my own. I love camping.
Be well!!
XO
Woody,
Always good to hear from you. Interesting that you had the same "illness" that I had. I was really sick, sicker than I realized at that time I was so w=ehausted with the runny nose and congested head. I longed to get back to normal which I am now, thank goodness.
Sorry to hear about you getting stuck with a bill for your nursing home (rehab) care. Once you start the Medical Wheel, you never know where those bills are coming from. I just got two bills today from Bill's strokes last January 14th. The VA has declined to pay for it. I have to make phone calls on Monday. Always something. I think this is just a glitch because Bill get's 100% coverage from the VA.
I love the smell of fresh mowed grass. And the wind in my face. That's one reason I'll always mow the lawn, at least as long as the weather doesn't get too hot or humid. I can't do it then. Thankfully we have a local landscaper (Jose) who does a fine job for my neighbors' lawns and he's been looking at our lawn. I may use him if the weather gets too hot.
Thanks again for your comments Woody. Always good to hear from you.
Ron
Jim,
You're right, I'm not in contact with a lot of people. My neighbor Bob who is in contact with more people (he goes on frequent fishing trips). Also I shop at lot at Food Lion. I could catch "it" anywhere. One thing I know, I was pretty sick there for a day. Don't want to go back there!
Ron
Karen,
I haven't done those things you haven't done too! And I probably never will go on a cruise but an Alaskan cruise sounds enticing. I hope you enjoy it. My neighbors went on one several years ago. They loved it.
Ron
Vic,
I believe you have done a lot! I still would like to ride a horse. The rest of the things I haven't done like getting a tattoo, I will never do. I came close when I was in the Army but thought better of it and decided to leave my body tattoo free.
Ron
Ron
I haven't done 12 things on this list.
Lar
Which ones Lar?
Okay, apparently I am not adventurous. I have not done 16 of the items on the list.
Some of these items are passable but here are ones you should do - now:
Gotten a massage
Been swimming in the ocean
Dyed my hair - do this in some bright color
Gone skinny dipping
I expect a full report on your progress.
My score is nine. Never Have I ever:
Broken a bone
Fired a gun
Been skydiving
Had braces
Gotten a tattoo
Given birth
Gone scuba diving
Gone zip lining
Been on a cruise
Breenlantern,
We are the same with things we haven't done! One exception, I have fired a gun, when I was in the Army. Basic training and once a year to "qualify."
Ron
Ur-spo,
I have been swimming in the ocean and skinny-dipping at the same time. Water was cold and I "shrunk up" like you wouldn't believe. I don't have to dye my hair but I do my beard. In my family, both sides, we don't have the "white hair" syndrome. However, the men do grow white beards and I'm no exception. And I have also received a massage, several in fact.
Ron
Jim,
Eighteen of the items apply to you? Wow! I'm going to list the things I haven't done in my next blog.
Ron
Post a Comment