A little celebration is in order my friends. Today I turned eighty years old. Oh my God, how did THAT ever happen?
Back in the day, I thought I would be lucky to make it past sixty. And yet here I am at eighty! Officially an OLD MAN.
I will write more on this momentous occasion but for now enjoy this band that I recorded at the Tonga Hut on February 16, 2020 when Pat and I last visited Palm Springs.
Life these days is much different with COVID restrictions and my 24/7 caregiving responsibilities to Bill. But maybe someday in the future Pat and I can return to the Tonga Hut and have a proper celebration of my birthday. I just hope it's not my 90th birthday!
30 comments:
I will hit 80 in twenty years, Ron, and wonder what it will feel like for me. I hope that it feels okay to you and that you find a way to celebrate, even if it is not in Palm Springs! Wishing you a year of good health and joy.
Happy Happy, Blogger Buddy! Sending big birthday hugs! Have a great day!
Sassybear
www.idleeyesandadormy.com
Dearest Ron,
Happy Birthday, OLD MAN!! Smile!
Life has been an adventure for you. I am just waiting for your bestseller to come out.
Continue to do you, be curious, and HAVE FUN!! The rest will follow.
Maybe a nice meal delivered to the house. To include CAKE!!
Be healthy,
Victor
Hey Ron - all the very very best on your special birthday!! I'm catching up to you fast - but I still think we are in our early 50's. We'll da a post birthday celebration in fabulous Palm Springs!!!!
Pat
Happy Birthday, Ron!
Yes, 80 is a "big" number, but you've got to count blessings: you have all your faculties - you think, your memories are still decent, and so on. Bill is still with you, the true love of your life, but he is fading away.
I sure hope you had a fairly good day,
and again,
Happy Birthday today with more birthdays in good health to come!
Cheers,
Joel
2 thumbs up way up!
Congratulations on a monumental birthday, Ron! I knew yours was a November birthday, but couldn't remember the date. Your life has been wonderful and fulfilling and every upcoming day is a precious gift.
You're in my thoughts - with good wishes, blessings, and hugs. Your friend always, Jon
happy birthday 80 what a milestone
You have come a long way but the best is yet to come. Happy 80th! Hope you managed to enjoy the day. Wishing you all the best, Woody in Ohio
Wow! 80 is quite a milestone. Congratulations and enjoy!
Huge congratulations on reaching this milestone, Ron. Let it NOT be your last. Very happy for you while wondering if I'll survive another five years to get to where you are now - though you do give me hope. Very best wished to you.
A very happy birthday to you Ron. Sorry for being a bit late but I have just read this now because of the time difference between America and England.
I wish you much happiness and contentment and send you much love.
Enjoy yourself as best you can.
Jacinta.
Happy, happy Birthday!!🎈 Margaret in Rehoboth
Happy belated birthday!
Just keep on keeping on carefully.
Will Jay
"Come celebrate with me that every day something has tried to kill me and has failed" - L. Clifton
Happy Birthday to you. Treat yourself every minute to your charm.
Tony,
Many thanks for your well wishes on my 80th birthday. I didn't know you were sixty this year. The years sure do go by fast don't they? My advice at the grand old age of eighty, is make every day count. Take nothing for granted. Before you know it, you're OLD.
Ron
Sean (Breenlantern),
Thank you so much for your birthday wishes to me. Much appreciated.
Ron
Victor,
Thanks for the birthday wishes. My adventure continues. Maybe another ten years? Maybe. whatever happens now is all a bonus.
I've had a good life.
Ron
Pat,
Thank you for your birthday wishes. Our adventure continues!
Ron
Joel,
Thank you for your birthday wishes. I've had a good life and it continues. Maybe someday I can put my story in writing. A self published book. My goal.
Ron
Jon,
Hard for me to believe I'm eighty. My father died when he was eighty. I didn't think I would make it this far. But now that I have, I plan to make the most of the next five and, hopefully, ten years.
Thank you for your good wishes. Always appreciated.
Ron
kent,
80 is indeed a milestone. One that I thought I would never reach. Oh how fast the years went by. Thanks for your good wishes.
Ron
Woody (in Ohio),
Always good to hear from you Woody. Indeed, I do believe the best is yet to come. Thank you for your good wishes for my birthday.
Ron
Walt,
Thell me, 80 is quitae a milestone. One that I doubted I would ever reach. But here I am, ready to take on more years.
Thank you for your good wishes.
Ron
Ray,
Good to hear from you! I have no doubt you'll reach the grand age of 80. I still find it hard to believe I'm actually THAT old but here I am. Thanks for your good wishes.
Ron
Jacinta,
Hello Englad! Always good to hear from my international blog followers. Thank you for your good wishes Jacinta.
Ron
Margaret (in Rehoboth)_,
Hi Margaret! Always good go hear from you. Can you believe I'm 80? I can't but here I am. Still chugging along. Thanks for your good wishes.
Ron
Will Jay,
Thank you for your good wishes on my birthday. I intend to keep on keeping on. Take care!
Ron
Urs-spo,
Interesting quote. You're right, I've had several close calls as many of us have had. And yet we're still here, making The Journey. One day it will end though but we know we both are very lucky to have lived this long and to have had such a good life. Thank you for your birthday wishes.
Ron
Anonymous,
Thank you for your birthday wishes,
Ron
Post a Comment