Thanksgiving Day here at Casa Tipton-Kelly is going to be like every other Thanksgiving pandemic or not. In years past I always work Thanksgiving Day at the hotel. This year is no exception.
We did have a good number of reservations at the hotel for this year's Thanksgiving celebration, but after Delaware governor John Carney's new COVID restrictions, most of those guests cancelled their reservations. Thus this year will be a quiet Thanksgiving here in southern Delaware, the summer home of the Joe Biden, President-Elect of the United States.
Last week I entered my 80th year of life. Yes, I am now 79 years old. One of my younger brothers sent me a birthday card asking reminding me that next year I will be 80 years old. "How did THAT happen?" he asked. Yes, how did that happen? Folks, I never expected to reach 60 years of age, let alone 80 years of age.
I have a lot to be thankful for, especially reaching my advanced age in relatively good health. Walking upstairs is even more difficult for me. In not too many years I suspect I won't be able to walk upstairs.
I'm especially thankful that Bill is still here. He's 92 years old now and fading. Hard of hearing and his eyesight is failing and now his cognitive abilities are deteriorating. But he still knows who I am and is very sweet now. No more of those sometimes ferocious arguments we used to have over nothing. Every day I get up in the morning and round the corner from my bedroom to the kitchen and find Bill waiting for me to start another day, I am so thankful.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

10 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You have come a long way baby!! Working or not, may you and Bill pause and give thanks for the good things in life. I am thankful for you and Bill. Your blog brings joy into my days. Yea, they say we should be thankful as well for the not so good because they make us stronger. Yea, ok! Sometimes they nearly kill us. But I digress.
XO
Happy Belated, blogger buddy. Surviving and thriving at 79 is something to be proud of and grateful for, for sure. Your Tday sounds like it will be quiet and peaceful. That’s not a bad day to spend the day.. wishing you both continued health. Stay safe!
Sassybear
Www.Idleeyesandadormy.Com
Happy birthday and happy Thanksgiving, Ron!
Very many happy returns on your 79th, Ron. If J.B. can be Pres. at 78, well, I mean, you're older by just a smidgeon. The world is your oyster! More happy days ahead for you, I sincerely hope. :-)
VRC-Do You!
Thank you so much for your generous comments. I am so glad you enjoy my blog. Appreciation like yours is what keeps me blogging! I need that encouragement. Have a happy Thanksgiving to you too.
Ron
Sean,
Thank you for your good wishes. I hope you and Jeffrey have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your two little buddies ("the kids"). Wishing both of you continued health too!
Ron
P.S.
I enjoy those Scrabble games. You're tough! I love the competition.
Walt,
Thank you very much for your birthday wishes. I hope and and Ken have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!
Ron
Ray,
Many thanks for your good wishes for my birthday. Joe Biden is a year younger than me. I like Joe but he has aged noticeably. I don't think I have but maybe I have! I'm still here, shaking things up. Enjoying every day.
Ron
Please keep sharing!such a beautiful information with us
Cialis VIDALISTA 40 MG Tablets
Thanks for such amazing post about Birthday! Keep it up!
Fildena 50 MG Tablets
Post a Comment