Wednesday, December 25, 2019
Christmas Morning 2019
Here we are, Christmas morning already.
Today I don't have to work.
Today I am relaxing.
Today is a day just for me and Bill.
No presents under the Christmas tree, in fact we don't even have a Christmas tree other than several ceramic trees. But still, we always enjoy the quiet and solitude of Christmas Day. Two old men at home, no screaming kids running around. All is quiet, just the way we like it.
Tomorrow I will return to work. Not quite back to the regular grind because all of my favorite TV shows are on hiatus, reviewing the "Best Of" the previous year. I hate these "Best Of" program fillers so I tend not to even turn on the TV.
Now is the time to just relax, and get ready for the new year. And for me I'll be getting ready for my next trip which is in February. Two glorious weeks in sunny, warm (except for the evenings which sometimes there is the chill) Palm Springs.
While I love our quarterly trips, I have to admit my body is having a more difficult time keeping up with our adventures. But I'm going to keep on keeping on. At least this trip to Philly I didn't fall. Couple of close calls but I was very careful.
Now to catch up on my mail that accumulated last week and to just relax. So nice to be home again. That's another wonderful benefit of trips. Nice to get away and break the routine but also nice to get home.
Have a wonderful Christmas Day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday
This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
In college I majored in marketing. I loved that major. Unfortunately I did not pursue a career in marketing. But that doesn't men tha...

3 comments:
Have a VERY happy day, Ron - followed by the best of years for 2020 - or, simply just a better one than this closing year was, perhaps? Very best wishes to you and yours.
A Merry Christmas to you and Bill!! Quiest - lovely. I am totally at ease being with myself on these holidays. But there is always getting together with others during this time period I also enjoy. Have dinner and lunch scheduled for Fri and Sun. And still not sure about NYE.
Pat
Heartwarming post.
Post a Comment