Monday, June 24, 2019
My Vacation Paradise Right Here At Home
The summer season is upon us here in southern coastal Delaware. Is it ever!
Already it's hard to get out of my development onto Route One (Coastal Highway), looking for a break in the traffic either headed south to Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach and Ocean City Maryland and points beyond. Each year it gets worse. This year so far it has been especially difficult getting out on Route One (the main thorough fare) to grocery shop, doctors' appointments and visits to Lowe's and Home Depot. Yes, we're right in the middle of the tourist season jam.
This onslaught of vehicles will continue unabated until Labor Day and beyond. We won't be taking a walk on the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach anytime soon. I may try to sneak in a trip during the weekday. I like to walk on the boardwalk at least once during the summer season. I like to get that "beach" feel even though I don't lay on the beach and like I did in my younger days.
But you know what folks? I'm living here this summer and year round right in the middle of this vacation destination of so many. And I don't have to drive for hours in congested traffic to get here.
Every morning I lookout out my bedroom window and take in our wonderful back yard. Yep, I'm right here where I want to be. My very own vacation paradise.
Peace and quiet. The Route One traffic is just beyond the tree line but we have our very own oasis right here in our own back yard. I love it folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday
This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
In college I majored in marketing. I loved that major. Unfortunately I did not pursue a career in marketing. But that doesn't men tha...

6 comments:
Beautiful garden Ron!
My yard is small, but it is an oasis. People have told me time and again that it looks like a park. I have little desire to get out in crowded places. Your yard is quite large and quite peaceful looking. So green.
Thank you Walter.
Ron
Practical Parsimony,
I like small yards too. Actually I think I prefer a small beard, easier to take care of and more cozy. But I'm stuck with this acre of greenery so I'll make the most of it.
Ron
That's a great picture. The yard looks perfect.
I suppose you are fortunate to live in an area so many want to visit. I get stuck behind tourists in the little gay communist enclave part of town where I live, and it can be frustrating, but I wouldn't trade it.
"gay communist enclave part of the town where I live" - I have to know more Harry. What's that all about. I agree with you though that I wouldn't trade my situation now. A few years ago we visited Bill's hometown of Toccoa Georgia. It's dying. Absolutely nothing going on since industry left the town and no main roads. Toccoa is the county seat of Stephens County Georgia. At high noon there was NO ONE on the main street. Very sad. I prefer our situation now. I often joke to Bill when we're crawling along in traffic "We're not in Toccoa Bill!"''
Ron
Post a Comment