Thursday, July 05, 2018

Curious Things Around The House #1



"Curious Things ......" is an idea for a blog posting that I am unashamedly stealing from my dear friend Dr. Spo.  

I have a LOT of "Curious Things" around our house.  And when I say a LOT I mean a LOT. Fodder for many blog posts when I don't have time for one of my long, rambling, where is he going with this one? blog posts. Today is such a day.

My Curious Thing today is a small paper weight type sculpture. I believe I purchased this from the Modern Museum of Art about thirty years ago.  I didn't purchase this object d'art from their magazine. 




Both Bill and I love this small sculpture. It's nice and heavy and thought provoking. 

I think the sculpture represents the Easter Island head sculptures. Whatever the source, looking at this small object d'art always gives both Bill and I a sense of peace and tranquility. Makes us feel good and isn't that after all what our "things" are supposed to bring to our life?


Easter Island sculptures

1 comment:

nitewrit said...

Ron,

These heads remind me of a sculpture piece Noelle brought us from Nairobi after her second deployment. This piece was full bodies of African warriors, but the heads were very similar. By the way, one of the ways my condition is effecting my brain is I am losing my ability to spell. I never was a great speller, but I am having trouble remembering how to spell common words now. Very annoying.

Lar

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...