About thirty years ago I found myself alone on Christmas Eve and I noticed how peaceful and serene I felt just by the quietness of it all. Ever since that time I have made it a point to spend Christmas Eve alone.
Many years I was alone at home during Christmas Eve. Other years it meant that I was working the Christmas Eve shift at a hotel. This year I am working at a hotel. Even working at the hotel I still find the peace and serenity of the solitude of Christmas Eve. I can't quite explain why, but it works for me. It is my tradition.
I understand others have different traditions at Christmastime. I am not disparaging those people or their activities. I think you should do whatever works for you. If you like spending time with the family and the kids, that's fine. Some others prefer to volunteer your time at a local soup kitchen, then that's fine too. But for me, tonight I will connect with the Great Spirit that is within me.
In the spirit of the season, I wish to all the peace and serenity I feel this Christmas.

2 comments:
You are so cute. you have the look of a little boy in front of the tree. PRICELESS
Mike,
I like you! Thank you very much for the compliment. Actually, I was smiling because it was killing me to kneel in front of that tree. My friend Bob Chambers took that picture and he was taking his time. I was saying "Come on, I'm about to collapse in a heap!" I guess that's what makes for a spontaneous picture.
Take care and have a wonderful Christmas.
Ron
Post a Comment