Yesterday morning I took some time out to appreciate a peaceful moment in my backyard.
All my life my goal was to have a nice house, in a nice neighborhood, with good neighbors and a big, peaceful backyard. I have that now.
This is where I will end my days.
I have lived in many places during my eighty-four years on this planet but this is my home now. Our home in Pennsylvania, where we lived for twenty-five years,
![]() |
| Our home in Pennsylvania - taxes too high and homophobic neighbors |
was supposed to be our final home. We had to move though because the taxes (school and property tax) got too expensive to live in Pennsylvania. Thus we joined many of our fellow residents from adjoining states like New Jersey and New York and moved to the tax friendlier environs of Delaware twenty years go.
What I enjoy most about my home in Delaware in addition to my wonderful palace of a house is the peace and quiet.
Quiet.

4 comments:
Good for you I say !
I love quiet Spo!
No sales tax in Delaware. I still miss that since I moved away.
It's nice Ivy. Whenever I"m in a state with sales tax, I'm always surprised when I see that extra charge on my bill.
Ron
Post a Comment