In years past I used to be a faithful viewer of the Oscar telecasts. Lately though, I can barely get through that orgasmic self congratulatory of self important actors and others in the movie industry. Maybe because I don't know who these people are.
This year I know of Timothee (accent over the first "E") Chalamet, that little self important twerp who seems to think his performance in "Marty Supreme" surpasses and opera or ballet production in history.
I have to admit I never got the whole Timothee thing. What is that all about anyway? What am I missing? I've only seen him in one movie. That one with Armand Hammer which was an older man falling for a younger man (Timothee). That movie? Meh. It got a lot of build up but as a gay man, I didn't find this movie particularly interesting. Maybe I'm just a crusty old man. Probably.
Anyway, I'm taping the Oscars. I'll fast forward through the boring parts, where they give out all the non acting awards where whole groups get up on the stage with their affected scarves and hairdos and thank everyone from their first grade elementary school teacher to their new born children for their "great success." Hey folks, you didn't discover the polio vaccine. Dr. Jonas Salk discovered that vaccine and he didn't have to attend a self congratulatory orgy party to accept his award.
That's it. Onward and upwards.

2 comments:
I forgot it was Oscar night until I read this.
I watched it off and on. Most of the people I didn't know. Especially the actors and actresses nominated. It was boring. You didn't miss anything noteworthy.
Post a Comment