Sunday, April 13, 2025

Going Home

 


The path unwinds, a ribbon gray,

Where weary feet have lost their way.

But in the heart, a gentle gleam,

A whispered hope a waking dream.


The air grows soft, the shadows long.

A distant bird's familiar song.

And through the dusk, a golden hue,

A window's light, a welcome true.


The door swings wide, a gentle hand,

A hearth's warm glow, a promised land.

The journey's end, the spirit's ease,

A quiet sigh, a whispered peace.


"Going home," the soul's soft call,

Where love resides, embracing all.




4 comments:

jayveesonata said...

Hauntingly beautiful, Ron. Thanks for sharing it. Jon

Anonymous said...

I hope the peace that these words evoke will be there for you and me both. Olivia

Ron said...

I do too Olivia. I look forward to that day when this pain ends. I knew I would miss him but this is much worse than I had ever imagined. I expect it to last the rest of my life.
Ron

Ron said...

Jon,
As you know I'm not a poem kind of person but this one hit me. Exactly how I feel.
Ron

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...