So much is happening that I had a hard time deciding what to write about today.
First three subjects to bring you up to date.
1) Pat has a meeting with his city hall folks today (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) with his ongoing problem with his drug selling squatter neighbors. That situation has gotten worse. The motorcycle gang showed up when Pat was visiting me here in Delaware last week.
2) I saw my cardiologist on Wednesday. My driving privileges haven't been restored yet. They want to do one more test, an ultra sound of my carotid neck artery. That is scheduled for July 8th. On July 22nd, I have an appointment to go over those results. Originally they made that appoint in late August but I told them I can't go that long without driving privileges. I sent in my heart monitor today that I wore for the past ten days. I believe that I passed out from a combination of being dehydrated from my colonoscopy the previous two days and staying up late playing board games and traipsing around all day in the sun in Rehoboth Beach and environs being the host with the most.
3) Then there was the Biden-Trump Presidential Debate last night. I was sicken to watch Biden stumble through his answers. He missed so many opportunities to call Trump out for his outrageous lies. Trump lobbed one huge softball lie after another and Biden just stood there looking gapped mouth looking incredulous. Biden clearly was over prepared and obviously way too old. I'm a year older than Biden and yet I could have performed one hundred percent better than Old Joe. Time to retire Joe! How about Pennsylvania governor Josh Shapiro for the Democratic nominee for president? Of course the Democrats won't do that, they have a knack for choosing the worst presidential candidates. More on this subject in a later blog post.......maybe. But I was sicken by last night's horror show of a "debate."
Instead I will post this video that my friend Glenn took of me and Pat in my neighbor's garage to get his Australian Cattle Poodle dog mis "Cleo" and take her out for her walk whilst my neighbor is fishing. I often walk my neighbor's dog. She loves me and I love her. I wish I could have a dog or cat but it is not to be at my age. That point is aptly proved by my recent medical incident. I was so lucky that Pat and Glenn were visiting me when my body decided to take a dive in the Rehoboth Beach parking lot on Sunday, June 16th.
6 comments:
I watched the whole debate too and was sickened by it. I’m a year younger than Joe but I couldn’t have done any better. He and I are both way past our prime and shouldn’t be involved in things like that. Trump lived up to promise with all his lies but he was more dynamic than Joe. I wish the country had younger candidates for the election, both who would be truthful. I fear for the US. Are you really not doing any driving? I would maybe be more careful while being advised to not drive but I would still be driving to get the things I need.
Jim
Good afternoon, Ron,
You are probably just up from your nap. Hope you are doing well.
Let me respond to your bullets:
1. I am glad there is movement on Pat's next-door neighbor. No one should have to put up with that. I like the short hair, clean-shaven, with a hint of mustache for Pat. Please ensure he is resting and not overdoing it.
2. You forgot the last sentence in number 2, "And Victor was right!" How are you getting around? Do you have Uber or Lyft installed on your phone? I use Lyft when I take my shop in for service.
3. I turned off the debate after 10 minutes or so. Uncle Joe was struggling. The main reason why I turned off the debate, is because I have come to the point I can't stand to hear Diaper Don speak. It's constant lies, bamboozle, gaslighting, and the list goes on. There was no on-the-spot fact-checking. The debate was not set up for that. I wished they had a ticker or a side panel where some young wiper snapper was checking things in real time. Today Biden was in North Carolina and he was on fire. The difference was night and day. He was forceful, full of vigor, and feeding off the audience. He briefly addressed his debate performance.
Continue to improve and regain your strength. You will be back on the horse raising hell as usual.
Have a great weekend.
Victor
XX
PS-The new Lenovo, 16 inch, laptop is a vast improvement over my 12-year-old Toshiba. Talk about speed and screen quality. I have the Toshiba serviced for a spare.
Jim,
Biden is too old to be running for president. I too was sickened by his performance. I was also sickened by Trump's continuous spewing of lies, which went largely unchallenged by Biden and the debate moderators.
I still can't drive. Delaware along with four other states has a law that if your doctors advises not to drive, they must advise the state DMV that you do not have driving privileges. Not having driving privileges is a real bummer. I feel like I'm under house arrest. I hate to ask any of my neighbors to take me to the store, even though they have offered. They have their own lives to manage, and they don't need me interfering with their daily routine. My next test is July 8th and then I see them July 18th to go over the results of that test. So I won't be driving at least for the next three weeks. A really bummer. I'm saving money though.
Ron
Victor,
I'll relay your compliment to Pat for his new look. I too like his new look now that he let his hair grow out. He looks so much younger and sexier but of course I like him any which way but this new look of his I really like. He's getting a lot of compliments, I hope he keeps it. He's tried to get me to shave my head but I ain't doing it.
I'm still not driving and probably not for at least another three weeks until they get the results of my carteroid artery ultra sound and the heart monitor test that I just sent in yesterday
I can't use Lyft or Uber to get around here where I live, was too expensive. VERY EXPENSIVE. In center city Philadelphia there fares are much more reasonable. I checked the local Uber and it would cost me about $28 to go to the store. No way, no how.
I was sickened to watch Biden at the debate. He is clearly way too old. He's just not there. Raspy voice, confused, and missed so many opportunities to knock down Trump's spewing of lies. But Uncle Joe and his enablers will continue to push him forward. Incredible. Of course I will still vote for him over the serial liar and convicted felon Trump.
Congratulations on your new computer Victor! I'm glad you picked up your speed!
Ron
Glenn looks very good in the header photo; I hope to meet with him next time I am in his part of the woods.
Ur-spo,
Glenn is a very nice guy and an excellent guest as is Pat. I had one of the best times of my life when these two delightful men visited me a few weeks ago.
Ron
Post a Comment