Monday, May 15, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday
This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
In college I majored in marketing. I loved that major. Unfortunately I did not pursue a career in marketing. But that doesn't men tha...

8 comments:
I hope everything is all right, Ron. Take care.
Hello Ron,
Hope things are well.
I have caught up on your posts.
Continue to find things that bring you joy.
Yes, I know taking care of Bill can be taxing so find YOUR time. You mentioned that when Bill is down for the night it is your time. It is imperative that you do what brings you joy-your pond, Scrabble, streaming of Netflix, Zooming... We all know that caregiving is taxing and can take a toll. Please create your balance.
Be healthy,
Victor
Hello Ron,
I hope you don't mind that I am commenting here today on your Blog. I think, or at least I have a feeling from my own personal experiences, that you are tired of hearing the "you ought to do this and you ought to do that" from those of us who care about you and of course Bill. You are undoubtedly exhausted both body and soul and rightly so. You have kept up a steady and grueling pace as protector, guardian, and caregiver of Casa Tipton-Kelly. On a good day in good times a daunting task that is. But we are living in uncertain times with the very real threats from a pandemic, political instability here at home and aboard, very real civil unrest caused largely inpart by the depraved Donald J Trump, corruption seemly in all departments of government including the Supreme Court of the United States, the quickening threat of Global Warming, a threat of nuclear war from the hands of Vladimir Putin, and lastly but not least from an invasion by migrants at our southern borders. All these threats wear hugely on our brain and weigh heavily upon our body. When you combine these elements with our personal day-to-day problems within our family and home I wonder why it is we are not all mentally ill and physically debilitated. The stress has been showing its effects on the aging population and most notably on me and you Ron and Bill and all your Zoom buddies. I have been aging at a rapid pace the last few months and with it comes aches and pains the likes I have never had before. I find little reason some days to even get out of bed. So my friend, Ron, ( yes, I consider you a very dear friend though we have never spoken or met one another in person) in this your time of trials and tribulations what you are experiencing is understandable and a fairly normal response to what is troubling you. And YES we are going to DIE. I don't know who has been worrying about it more, you or me. But it doesn't do us any good worrying. I have planned for it and you have, too. Its time for me to get over it and start doing more of what I like to do. I also can not worry about all those things I listed above that are effecting all of us. I am tired of the tragedy that is unfolding that is namely Trump and the GOP. The effect that Trump bullshit is having on the 330+ million people in the USA is a worry that can't be denied but we can't let ourselves live in constant fear. We must speak out when we can and we must VOTE when it is time. I think the number one thing that any of us can do is to take care of ourselves. Let go of things that are beyond our control. My late husband number 3 said in the months leading up to his death "Honey, simplify your life where ever you can and live life like its about to go out of style. Remember, you die today and somebody going to throw your shit away tomorrow. It may be special to you but has anybody shown any interest in it now? Then chances are its just crap to them. When I called my family and told them I was dying and to come and get my stuff now did they do it. Yup, they came a running. They smelled money. Or so they thought. What did they take? What they could sell. The rest is shit to them so now we either throw it away today or you do it alone tomorrow. Honey, life is to damned short to live it in fear and worrying all the time. Got it?" All wise advice which I followed and have no regrets. Life has been good to me. I have paid it forward so that many more will have a chance at it for themselves. Ron will be okay. Won't you? LOL. Yeah, you will. So will Jon and Vic. I know people think I monopolize this Blog from time to time and use it as a soap box for my own cause. That is far from the truth. I just comment when I can which is when the Parkinson's lets me type. Okay. Everyone be safe and be careful in doing all things everyday. And above all BE HAPPY! Until next time Woody bids you Adieu.
PS: Life is to short to go back and corrrect everything that spell check undid so say I.
We leave the porch light on for you.
Woody,
Your comments are always welcome here. Always. You have so much that is interesting and helpful. This is why I blog, to hear from folks like you Woody. Please, always feel free to comment and leave as long ones as you like. It's all good.
Ron
Vic,
Things are settling down now around here. Except for my neighbor's fire this past weekend (for which I feel so bad for him and his family), I hope the rest of the summer is all calm. Now to avoid ticks and mosquitos.
Ron
Jon,
I know you understand why I had to take a short break from my blog but you know me, I can't stay away. I have to stay in touch with my friends like you Jon.
Ron
Ur-spo,
You are very kind, as always.
Ron
Post a Comment