![]() |
| A cat in my lap |
Hard for me to believe but I am eighty-one years old today!
HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?
I wish I could write a longer blog post about this momentous milestone I've reached today, but I have a cold. Bill also has a cold. All I want to do is sleep now.
Wouldn't you know I have a cold just when I have a kitten in the house at the same time. A kitten who I am training not to jump up on counters and curtains and me with claws extended. Right now she is sleeping in my lap, where she likes to spend most of her time. Her preferred nap location in my lap makes typing this blog somewhat awkward but still doable.
I have lots to write folks, especially about the mid terms election results (John Fetterman won in Pennsylvania!) but for now I just want to go to bed.
Happy birthday to me!

18 comments:
Happy Birthday Ron! I’m glad you made it another year. I hope we both make it at least another one. Sorry you have a cold, did you get it from the cat? I’m looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the election results and the ‘red wave’ that didn’t happen.
Jim
Have a great birthday, Ron! The cat sure is a cutie!
Many happy returns Ron!
May you have peace, goodwill and harmony come your way.
Love from overseas
Jacinta x
Happy birthday, Ron!! And congratulations on Fiona (is she still Fiona?). Looking forward to your take on the elections. Ohio is a nightmare, even more so than usual. Thank god for the young people in this country; they came out in droves to support good candidates. None of them will want to move to or live in Ohio, though. My kids are both perfect examples of well-educated voters leaving the state...I would too but lack the $$ to make it happen.
Happy birthday Ron and enjoy the new cat! Walter
Happy Birthday, Ron!!
I have conveyed to you that I am waiting for the autobiarograpy-with photographs. You have seen a lot and if we know Ron, you have your take.
Give us 5 life lessons that you have acquired over the years.
I am glad you are still here sharing your life with us. Continue to press forward.
Enjoy your kitten.
Take care of Bill. Both of you feel better.
Best of health,
Victor
Happy Birthday, Ron. Sorry to hear you have an URI (and Bill). That will pass. Fiona is a sweetie. She'll settle eventually. Enjoy her kitten days. They all pass too quickly with our beloved pets.
Ohio is a hot mess politically. What a shit show. Oh well. Life moves on.
Enjoy your birthday and the lovely Miss Fiona.
Paranormal John
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON!!
happy birthday Ron Miss Fiona is a sweetheart
Ron, I'm hopelessly behind in reading blogs - I apologize for the delay. I knew your birthday was in November but forgot what day it was. I'm so sorry that you and Bill are sick. Rest as much as you can. Hopefully you will both feel better soon.
I'm surprised that you have a kitten! They can be exhausting when they are young and curious - but they are sweet and faithful companions later on.
The very best of birthday wishes, Ron - with blessings and all good things.
Paranormal John,
Thank you so much for your birthday greetings. I will never get used to the fact that I am THIS OLD! My cold only lasted one day, thank goodness. Pat also had a short term cold. Bill and I both had our flu shots. Can you believe Ohio elected that phony J. D. Vance? Couldn't have been a LOT worse, John Fetterman and Josh Shapiro could have lost in neighboring (and my former home state) of Pennsylvania.
Always good to hear from you John.
Ron
Jim,
Thank you for your birthday wishes. Oh I have a LOT to say about the RED WAVE that DIDN'T happen. I had a hunch it wasn't going to happen. I also had a feeling there was a slim possibility that the Dems would retain the House, albeit with a small majority. And yes, we made it another year. I wonder where we're going to be this time next year.
Ron
Walt,
Thanks for your birthday good wishes to me. I've often envied you and my other friends who have had cats who shared their stories. Now I have my own "sweetie" and she is creating many memories (good) already.
Ron
Jacinta,
Thank you so much for your birthday wishes to me. Always good to hear from you!
Ron
Elle,
So good to hear from you! Thank you for your birthday wishes to me. Yes, her name is still "Fiona", although lately I've been calling her "Sweetie." Not original but seems to fit her now. Of course I'm going through her kitten phase now but that will end, eventually (I hope).
I am so disappointed in Ohio voters. What is the matter with them? Yes, more young voters need to vote. And how about DeSantis in Florida? Neither state is on my list to visit in the future. Good news her in southern Delaware, which usually votes Republican. They voted Democrat this time, which greatly surprised me. There are only three counties in Delaware, I live in Sussex the southern most county which is considered "The South" and has consistently proved it by voting Republican even though Biden's summer home is only five miles from where I live. Maybe there is hope yet for Ohio, and Florida. However I think the rest of the real South will be red for my lifetime.
Rpmn
Jardly,
Thank you for your birthday wishes to me.
Ron
Vic (V R Cooper),
Thank you for your birthday wishes. You have given me a good idea for a future blog post, "Five Life Lessons I Have Acquired Over The Years." Yes, I have learned a LOT over the years. It's a shame by the time we learn these life lessons it's near the end of our life. I wish I had learned of some of these lessons when I was younger. By the way, our colds only lasted a day, thank goodness.
Ron
May these next 12 months be good ones for you!
Hugs! oxox
Post a Comment