So how did last night go?
How many trick or treaters stopped by Casa Tipton-Kelly?
Did I run out of candy for the tricksters?
Nada.
That's right, NO trick or treaters stopped by our humble abode.
I was ready with my vampire cape and scary Halloween music.
Sunset was at 6:02 PM.
I put out my lighted pumpkin and unlocked our front door, ready to receive the onslaught.
NADA.
The vampire cape was hot. Hot in both senses. Hot to look at and hot to wear.
I planned to play the role for two hours or when my candy supply ran out.
I waited in my home office which is right off the side of the front door. Ready to scare the bejesus out of trick or treater.
And I waited.
NADA.
At 7:15 PM I took of my vampire cape (phew!) and turned off our porch light and closed our front door and locked it.
Bill had asked me to save some of our Halloween candy for him. I was afraid I would run out. Not to worry, he has candy for a year.
Now for Thanksgiving. I await an invitation to a Thanksgiving diner. I'm not working this year so I will be available.


5 comments:
I'm surprised that you didn't get any trick or treaters, but it was actually a blessing - - you and Bill have all the candy to yourselves.
Thanksgiving is a pain in the butt. You should make a nice meal and enjoy it peacefully at home.
By the way, I like the vampire cape!
Well that was sad :( We only had 5 kids. It did start raining, so that could have had an impact. And they were lone individuals, sometimes coming with parents or older siblings in tow.
In my memories, I remember part of the fun being going along with my best friend, Kitty, who lived next door. There were a LOT of trick or treaters in the 1950s and early 60s.
I was always scared when an adult came to the door in a costume. Yeah, I am also nervous around clowns and Santa Claus. Still to this day.
Jon,
God to hear from you! I do like that vampire cape. It's a shame I couldn't scare some of the kiddies with it.
Ron
Debbie V.,
I will always remember my days of trick or treating. I guess those innocent days will never happen again. I like clowns except John Wayne Gacy.
Ron
what a disappointment. especially on my favorite holiday.
Post a Comment