Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Governor Andrew Cuomo For President!
Listening to New York governor Andrew Cuomo now at his daily coronavirus press briefing.
I'm not a New York resident but listening to Governor Cuomo I get more of a sense of what is really going on with the coronavirus pandemic. God knows I don't get that feeling of comfort from Trump's daily clown show of lies, rosy scenarios, and sycophants praising Dear Leader. Trump can't do his MAGA rallies now and is bored so he has substituted his daily coronavirus press briefings for his rallies. Just how useless are his briefings? Yesterday he had Mike Lindell, the MyPillow guy at the podium. WTF? Talk about a clown show. So what did the Pillow Guy do? He went off script and praised Dear Leader. See why I don't watch?
Speaking of people I can't watch on TV, that would be former Vice President and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden. God, Joe can't complete a sentence. He stumbles, mumbles, and trails off. Can you imagine him on the debate stage with Lizard Eyes? Trump would chew him up and spit him out. But the Democrats are going to nominate Biden. Mainly because "it's his turn" just like it was Michael Dukakis' turn. Al Gore's turn. John Kerry's turn. All dull as cold dishwater and about as inspiring.
I have a suggestion for the Democrats. How about nominating Andrew Cuomo? I realize this is really thinking out of the box Democrats but how about nominating a real leader. A leader who has a heart. A leader who knows what he's doing. A leader who can complete sentences. A leader who can take Trump on. Admit it, you WOULD LOVE TO SEE CUOMO on the debate state with the Orange Whiner.
I would like to think in these unusual times that the Democrats would do something truly unusual. Nominate Andrew Cuomo for president and Kamala Harris for Vice President.
Sounds impossible doesn't it? But then who would have ever imagines the whole world would be in lockdown because of a virus pandemic?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday
This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
In college I majored in marketing. I loved that major. Unfortunately I did not pursue a career in marketing. But that doesn't men tha...


8 comments:
I like the blandness of Biden. I have had enough of Trump's bombastic voice.
"My Pillow" was there to offer masks. I assume you will be returning the check you will receive soon, being Mr. Trump fought for it.
I agree with you 100%. Andy Cuomo is my governor and he is doing a helluva job. You get the straight story, warts and all and he could absolutely beat trump.
The my pillow guy is just another ass kisser in a long line of ass kissers.
So very concerned about Biden, he seems somewhat confused when speaking and lashes out at times. Hopefully, he will back down for the greater good and allow the right person (Cuomo)to run. But who knows? These are very strange times.
Although I live in New York I do not live in the city, I live Upstate near Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo. However, the creep has begun. We are experiencing more cases and more deaths on a daily basis. It's a very scary time right now.
Stay well, stay healthy and think good thoughts. That is what is keeping me going.
jan,
Trump didn't fight for my check. Trump is only interested in himself. Obviously you're among the Trump brainwashed cult.You're lost. Don't leave your snarky comments on my blog.
Ron
Cheryl,
I wish Biden was more on his game but I'm afraid he's lost his step. He is too old, even though he's a year younger than me. Our country needs a leader like governor Cuomo. Someone who inspires and who is clear and leads. I'm afraid that isn't Biden.
It is a very scary time right now. I don't know where this is all going to end. I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, if at all. I know one thing, Trump isn't the leader that we need now.
I wish you well Cheryl.
Ron
Anonymous,
I too like the blandness of Joe Biden but I'm afraid we'll need the strength, inspiration and leadership of an Andrew Cuomo to defeat the evil of Trump and his enablers and sycophants.
Ron
Ron, I almost always read your blog but I never comment. This morning I am - AMEN! I am so disappointed the Democrats can't find someone younger to run against DT. I never say his name UGH! I really liked Klobouchar and it seems my grandsons were Yang fans. I'll vote for any Democrat but, why oh why can't it be someone other than Biden?? I'm glad you're feeling better- I'm 72 and still working but thankfully from home now. In fact, I have been home going on 3 weeks Friday.
Nan,
Always good to hear from a new reader of my blog! Oh how I wish the Democrats would choose a younger candidate to run against Trump. I too like Amy Klobucher, she could bring in those states like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan that Trump narrowly won. The governors of Washington state and Montana both would have been good candidates too. Pere Buttigeig and Elizabeth Warren, and Kamala Harris. And yet they're choosing Biden who, I hate to say this, isn't up to it. He's always been a terrible candidate because of his goofs, and he can't talk and can't inspire. I just can't imagine another four years of DT (I can't stand to say his name either or see him on TV which I always mute when he's one).
Wow, I'm impressed you're going on three weeks working at home. I think it's going to be months before we even begin to get back to a sense of normalcy. Stay safe!
Ron
Post a Comment