Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Dancing In The Streets of Palm Springs California



While walking on the main street (North Palm Canyon Drive) of Palm Springs during our annual visit, the live music was so compelling that I just had to put a few moves on in public. Of course being the shy, retiring guy that I am I could only do a minute or two before I handing my iPhone over to Pat to really show us how to dance. 

Always so much fun to visit Palm Springs, time to let my hair (or what is left of it) down. I love to dance. Of course I realize I "Elaine Dance" but hey, I enjoy dancing none-the-less. Watch out for next year. I really plan to let loose. 

10 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Good job. It looks like you both were having fun. DANCE!

Ron said...

Dance whenever you can Linda! Great for mental health.
Ron

pat888 said...

Funny - I still don't have any recollection of that.

Pat

BlogMarkBlog said...

Love seeing you boys getting funky! Looking good!

Anonymous said...

That is great! The boys got the moves. It helps our mental state. I was never much of a bar person but every once in awhile I would head to the dance floor and dance for songs at a time.

One of the reasons I didn't/don't like gay clubs is that things start so late. I can do it once in a while but after an hour I am ready to go home. The best time I had was in Germany where I would go to a gay-friendly local pub and enjoy the company of friends for hours.

Keep dancing. Keeps you young and limber.

Ron said...

BlogMarkBlog,
If we see you next year in Palm Springs we will have a dance event on Palm Canyon Drive.
Ron

Ron said...

Vic,
Pat and I didn't go to the gay bar (Hunter's) in Palm Spring for that very reason, 11 PM is too late for us. We had just as much fun and better drinks at the straight establishments plus probably better entertainment. Live bands and karaoke. We didn't miss the drag shows that were at Hunters last year the one time we were there. Pat and I both love to dance and will continue to dance whenever we can!
Ron

Ron said...

Hey Pat!

Dave in Texas said...

This made my day! Dance when the mood hits you- Palm Springs does that to me too.

Ron said...

Dave in Texas,
That is exactly what happened. Pat and I were walking down Palm Canyon Drive when I heard that fabulous live rendition of "Hold On, I'm Coming" and I just felt a dance come over me. I just wish I had danced a bit longer but I'm still have that shyness problem of dancing in public, something I have to get over.
Ron

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...