Phases Of My Life
Taking a break from my now life's a caregiver, this is what some of my life was previously until today.
In order of appearance, this is a description of each photo:
- "Dessie", my first crush/love - 1962 - at a friend's cottage Chesapeake, City, Maryland during my Army days
- Peggy Fisher, bowling banquet, me president giving address during my work employment at Girard Bank, Philadelphia, PA
- My and my school friends Jack and Larry at a class reunion at another classmate's farm in Mainheim, PA
- Me and my two younger brothers John and Isaac and our dog "Sam" (Chesapeak Bay Retriever) at "The Old Swimming Hole", Boot Road, Downingtown, PA circa 1954
- A very tired me after my night auditor gig at The Hampton Inn, Exton, PA - I had to sleep in my windowless basement room during the day to get my sleep cycle back on track - obviously not so successful
- Me and my longtime friend and co-worker Don McKenzie at my friend Bob McCamley's single wide trailer home outside Georgetown, DE circa 1978
- Me and my longtime friend Bob McCamley at my home in Downingtown, PA
- Me and my brother John's family and my Mother at John's home in Windsor, PA circa 1979
- Me and my first boyfriend after I got out of the Army in January of 1963 - his name was Joe Labriola and he was an ice skater in the Ice Capades - this is the only picture of him that he gave to me - it was taken in Mexico City during one of his tours
- Me and a later boyfriend Harold Harnish, a quiet, bearded man from a Mennonite family circa 1982 - he gave me this picture, all I know is that it was taken on a boat on some body of water
- Me when I worked at First Financial Bank. Coincidentally I could look out my office window and see the apartment building where I grew up in the late 40's and early 50's. This picture was taken around 2001, a good fifty years since I left that address. Interestingly I had gone a long way from that address only to return to it much later in my life. The apartment building looked the same and still housed white trash, just like when me and my family lived there for $22.50 a month (cockroaches included) from 1947 to 1954.
- A collage of images from Palm Springs, California, a destination I discovered much later in my life. This picture was taken about 2017. I may end my days in that Garden of Eden for old gay guys, that is Palm Springs, California.
- Me in front of the White House during my Army days stationed at Ft. Meade, Maryland 1961.
- Hopefully an angel awaits me when I depart this earthly existence.
- Tom and Antonio from "Philadelphia" - Tom's knowing look perfectly exemplifies my extraordinary life. I worked at Girard Bank which was right next to Philadelphia City Hall where filming was done for this movie. I went by the sets every day, never saw Tom or Antonio once. Everything was ensconced in trailers and covered tunnels to City Hall. This picture reminds me of the first gay bar I went into in a small town near Pittsburgh, PA. It was a speakeasy type bar that you had to get to by a fire escape out back of the regular neighborhood bar. The year was 1963 and that was how one went to gay bars in those days. First thing I saw when I entered the darkened bar was two men slow dancing. This was way before disco. A feeling of warm comfort immediately sweated over me. I had found my home. The rest is history which I may (or may not) continue to share on this blog. All depends if I have enough time left.