Saturday, June 03, 2017

I'm Back!

Me, Howard and Pat

Me, Howard and Pat

Me, Howard and Pat

Me, Howard and Pat

Me, Howard and Pat


My apologies to everyone who were wondering what happened to me.  

I've been in Philly (Philadelphia, PA) for a full week.  Yet another fabulous adventure.  

The photos above were taken last Friday, May 26th in my driveway prior to our takeoff to Philly.  I'm pictured with Howard S. and Pat F. Pat drove us to Philly in his rented car. When I ask Bill to take photos, he takes multiple photos.  I post them.

For this trip I invited a friend from the 80's to visit his friend who lives in Philly. All of us used to get together here in Lower Slower (Sussex County, Delaware) during the late 70's and early 80's.  

Howard S., the life of the party


Tommy M., whom I have known longer than Bill. Tommy was the bartender at the Westbury Bar when I met Bill in 1964

Me dancing with Howard at the Boathouse 1979 - the Boathouse is no longer there but we are!

Those were the times. Drunken revelries, dancing into the night then the hangovers the next day.  Since those festive and carefree times, much has changed.  Many of our gang are no longer alive but a few of us have survived.  

Me, Dave, Howard and Tommy at 13th and Lombard Streets, Philadelphia, Pa (Tommy's home) - by the way notice how much bigger my hands are than Trump's little doll hands

Pat (peeking out in the back), Howard, Tommy, me and Dave (kneeling)

These days, for us survivors, our night life is much tamer.  In fact, there is no night life, we're in bed!


We're home now. Me here at Casa Tipton-Kelly. Howard in Laurel, DE and Pat in Toronto, Canada. But we did have a fabulous time in Philly of which I will write more about in future posts. But I did want to keep you all up to date on my latest adventures.  Next up, Hamilton, Canada and Pat's new home.

Life is good folks!


14 comments:

  1. The Photos are Great... !!! Your postings are always a delight to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tommy,
      Thank you very much for your very generous comment. I am trying to get back posting regularly. Just too much going on in my life now. I never thought retirement would be like this, busy as I have ever been in my life.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Great pictures and I was glad to see you in my blog feed again. I love looking at a picture of a young person next to a picture of the less-young person they would become and to try and find the older man in the young and vice versa.

    Yes, your hands are larger than our glorious leader's, your clothes fit, your hair isn't orange and combed straight forward, and I'll bet when you wear a tie, it doesn't go down to your knees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry,
      Good to hear from you again! I hope to get back to blogging regularly. Lately I've been having a tsunami of activity in my life. Looking forward to getting back to a boring routine.
      I too enjoy comparing "before" and "after" photos. Love your last comment about our Dear Leader.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Hey, welcome back, Ron! It's really great that you've kept in touch with your friends from the good ol' wild days. I wish I had done the same, but I moved too many times in my chaotic life (I do keep in touch with about three of them).
    Will look forward to hearing about your latest adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      Good to hear from you again. I get a lot of comfort hearing from my good blogger friends like you. I've made the best friends through my blogging. I'm feeling guilty about my absence from blogging and reading blogs. I'm making a major effort to get back to my regular routine reading and enjoying blogs like yours Jon.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Welcome home, Ron. Good to know you had a LUVERLY time - and with pics to prove it. (Was Bill thinking that every photo he took just wasn't quite right?)
    My my, I bet the young Howard was popular in his time - a golden-curled cherubic figure with more than a whiff of mischief about him. "The life of the party"? Hmmmmm, I BET he was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      So good to hear from you again. I have been amiss in blogging and for that I apologize. Lately I've been having too much going on in my life. One thing is for sure, I will never run out of things to blog about. Now if I just had time to blog about it.
      Yes, Howard was (and still is) very popular and YES, he does have a "wife of mischief" about him. Howard was and is definitely the life of the party. You would like him. Especially his accent.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Howard has a WIFE of mischief? I hope not, Ron. But, you can never tell! :-)

      Delete
    3. Ray,
      Apparently you're referring to a typo that I have. I looked for it but I can't find it.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Great hands, Ron! ;)

    I dig the pictures from 'yesteryear'. The hair, the facial hair, the beer cans...so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea,
      I've always had good hands! (smile) And you know I love posting pictures from "yesteryear".
      Ron

      Delete
  6. I love the current picture of all of you; you look so happy. Nice to be with old friends!

    Looking forward to seeing pictures of your trip. I grew up outside Philly and worked there my first year after college...many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle,
      I am happy when I'm with my friends. I am so lucky that I found Pat this late in my life. I was concerned that I would end my days a lonely old man. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. So lucky!
      Ron

      Delete