Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Back to Normal

My peaceful backyard

Today was my first day getting back to my normal routine. The last six weeks has been a series of doctors' appointments, procedures and filling in for sick and vacationing co-workers. The doctors' appointments continue (of course) but my ever changing work schedule is now back to two nights a week, Mondays and Thursdays. I was asked yesterday by one of my co-workers to take her shift tomorrow (Wednesday) but I declined. Now I can get back to my regular rhythm. 

I need to get back to my regular rhythm so as to plan my week. It's not much a life when you're on constant call to rush into work to fill in for the latest crises of one of my co-workers. As I have said many times before and made my boss aware, I don't mind coming in occasionally to fill in but I do not want to be a substitute worker. I am a part-time employee. 

Now I can prepare my meals (dinner) ahead of time.  I can spend time with Bill, who as he ages is needing me more.  And, I can plan my life. After all, I am retired working part-time. I don't like to say "No" but sometimes it is necessary. 

This is nice.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:51 PM

    Good for you. You gotta take time to smell the whatevers. Your backyard is just beautiful!

    Deedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear this. After the last post I read, I was concerned you attitude towards your job was going to suffer. Getting back into your groove is good news indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other day, you had a beautiful building, on your blog's opening photo... can you let me know about that building . Thanks twt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron,

    Yeah, at our age we need a normal day, whatever that may be. Mine always seem to include some infernal problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron - what I enjoy about a routine is that it allows me to do things I need/want to get done. And for the most part I'm pretty lucky to have this as a norm. Especially when I know I have the time to be spontaneous - check out a movie, bike downtown (if it stops raining). And it makes the unexpected times of inconvenience easier to take - like having to get a car repair. So good luck with keeping on a "normal" course for the next few months!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. indeed
    may it be normal and nice for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete