Monday, April 03, 2017

A Special Wedding in Palm Springs, California

Dr. Spo and Someone's wedding party - from left to right in the back - Fearsome Beard, Larry, Tim, Pat and Ron - February 2017 Palm Springs, California

Without doubt the highlight of my recent trip to California was my invite to the wedding of my fabulous blogger friend Dr. Spo of "Spo-Reflections".


Dr. Spo and his longtime partner Someone and his friends Larry and Tim were vacationing at Palm Springs the same time Pat and I had planned a visit to Palm Springs.

Dr. Spo invited me and Pat to his wedding nuptials at the local courthouse in Palm Springs. To say the least, I was honored as was Pat.   

I've only been to three weddings in my lifetime. The first was my youngest brother's wedding. The second was the wedding of my oldest niece. And of course the third wedding was to Bill.  

I have to say, other than my own wedding, this was my most enjoyable wedding. 


Newlyweds Someone and Dr. Spo with justice of the peace who married them

Dr. Spo asked me to be the official wedding photographer. Thus without further ado, here is the touching wedding of my good friends Dr. Spo and Someone. 

I wish both of you many years of happiness.



15 comments:

  1. Ron,

    Well, you could have been at a fourth and had some real fun as my Best Man. Shame you missed it.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      A lifelong regret of mine that I wasn't able to attend your wedding. Unfortunately my uncle John had a fatal accident at the same time as your wedding. But I would have been honored to have been your best man at your wedding.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. David is a sentimental old soul I see.....he was choking up during his vows.
    So lovely.
    Well done gentlemen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was surprised that David was choking up. He's usually the "all business" part of that relationship. Lovely wedding. I so enjoyed it and was so honored to have been asked to participate.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. How wonderful you could be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,
      I was so honored to be asked to attend Spo and Someone's wedding. A wonderful day!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:59 PM

    Sweet wedding.It's amazing how even after years of being with a partner, the official recognition still has
    such impact.Powerful. Hope you'll do a post on your impressions of Palm Springs. It's on the bucket list and unlike climbing Mt.Everest I think it will be possible to accomplish in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      Absolutely! I will post my impressions of Palm Springs. I fell in love with Palm Springs immediately. I hope to retire there someday. That would be perfect.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Lovely, Ron. A truly momentous day for you and others present, as well as for (but of course!) the happy couple themselves. Quite got to me, I'm proud to confess.

    Btw: Good to see Larry again. I'll always remember him as having been, along with Sassybear, one of the very first followers of my blog, even if he's had to put all that aside for a while. I'm still hoping he'll return one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Spo and Someone's wedding was indeed special and I was so honored to be asked to attend. It was good to see Larry and Tim again and to meet Fearsome Beard, who is quite a sexy man (that beard!).
      Ron

      Delete
    2. I found/find Fearsome B. sexy as hell even with his beard cut right back, as it used to be. Please don't tell him that. It'd embarrass me beyond measure. ;-)

      Delete
    3. Ray,
      In person Fearsome Beard is even more sexy. It is his whole persona. He is the genuine item. All man. And that beard, wow! So soft and sensuous.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this with us, Ron.

    Sassybear
    Www.Idleeyesandadormy.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sassy Bear,
      We missed you and Jeffery! Wow, that would have been perfect if both of you could have been there with us.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Congratulations to Dr. Spo and spouse. Palm Springs is a great place for memorable occasions.

    ReplyDelete