Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Ron Tweets "Joe Scarborough the Clapping Seal"




Last night, while I was listening to Donald Trump address a joint session of Congress, I noticed a clapping seal over in the Democratic section of the audience. I thought "Who is that goofy idiot who is so rude and stupid to be clapping right in the midst of all those serious Democrats who were studiously avoiding clapping for Trump?"  

I rarely Tweet but I felt the need so I opened my Twitter account and posed this Tweeted this question:



I thought it was Scarborough, a former Republican congressman now a TV talk show host of "Morning Joe."  




"How rude!" I thought.  Here Scarborough, sitting next to Maryland Congressman Elijah Cummings, who obviously invited him as a guest, is clapping like a trained seal at everything Trump is lying saying from the well of the House, in front of those two smirking idiots Pence and Ryan. 

Scarborough was the only one clapping on that side of the House.  Nice move Idiot Joe.  

So guess what happened?  My iPhone started to "Bing!"  I thought my Travel Buddy Pat of Toronto was texting me.  Then my phone "Binged" again. . . . and again. . . . and again! 








Hey, I hit a nerve in the Twitter ether.  Folks were liking my Tweet and re Tweeting it.  Now that's a first.  Am I a star or what?

Then this morning I did a Google search and much to my surprise I found that my Tweet was a trending Tweet according to the Washington Post. See below:




I often watch Scarborough's show in the morning ("Morning Joe") but sometimes I have to turn it off because I can't stand any more of his profound ignorance and the way he bullies and talks over (often shouting) his cohost and guests on his show, unless they are the Republican True Believers like Dick Cheney and other repugnant Republicans.  

I hope Scarborough saw my Tweet and it embarrassed him because he's about as thin skinned as Trump.  Most bullies are thin skinned.  

But whatever, I'm glad my voice was heard last night.  


Is this a great country or what?

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Ron. Feels good for me to rub shoulders with a 'celebrity' - give or take a couple of thousand miles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Every now and then I have these fleeting brushes with fame (smile).
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron - I just know there's a spot for you on CNN!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I'm waiting for their call.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:31 PM

    Aren't you glad you didn't make any typos?!? Good job making that astute comment, too! ~~ NB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Usually I make typos. This time I got lucky. I wasn't expecting all the "likes". Glad I didn't make any typos.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Rep. Cummings rocks!!!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy,
      I agree, Rep. Cummings rocks!
      Ron

      Delete