Sunday, June 12, 2016

Tragedy in Florida



This morning I woke up to the news that a Orlando, Florida night club called "The Pulse" is now the scene of the largest mass murder in American history. 

A gunman, identified as Omar Mateen, opened fire with an automatic assault rifle and killed fifty victims and injured fifty three others.




I cannot tell you the profound sadness that I feel right now.  So, so sad.  


Reports says that the shooter's father reported that his son, Omar Mateen, was very angry when he say two men kissing. 



How ironic, that an act of love would result in such a horrific act of hate. 

I don't know why.  I really don't have an answer to this evil. 

Many times in my past I have frequented gay clubs like "The Pulse."  These days, in my old age, I go to bed too early to attend such late night activities.  

My heart goes out to the families of the victims.  

So sad and horrible.

9 comments:

  1. My husband and I live in a gay community. We just got home from a vigil with hundreds of brothers and sisters, Christian,Jewish, and Muslim. Debbie Wasserman Shultz spoke as one of the many speakers. But the heightened security was incredible. Four different agencies PLUS the FBI. Our Pride is next Saturday, 30,000 are expected. Pride means Bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gunman was a "Muslim American" who pledged his allegiance to the Islamic state of Iraq and the Levant. It might be high time that we start taking a serious look at the foreigners we are constantly embracing and catering to.
    Such a senseless tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      You're right Jon, we should take a more careful look at those who profess allegiance to terrorist groups such as ISIS.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. It's just devastating. Mateen was a sick individual who should not have access to so much as a sling-shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea,
      Unfortunately, this tragedy was probably preventable.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I am really impress with your Blog and also I used to surf it generally many of times in a month , Thanks for giving such a good content of topic Fathers Day Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. David,
      I am at a loss for words but I felt I had to say something.
      Ron

      Delete