In college I majored in marketing. I loved that major. Unfortunately I did not pursue a career in marketing. But that doesn't men that I don't know good marketing when I see it.
I am one of those rare people who study commercials. I have several main complaints about TV commercials:
- Commercials that feature the "dumb white man"as the central "funny" clueless consumer
- Commercials that feature actors that are too pretty and too skinny for the general public to identify with
- Commercials that feature a wailing singer strumming a guitar singing about "life"
- Commercials that are just loud
- Commercials that offer a "guarantee"
|The commercials we used to be ffed|