Thursday, January 07, 2016

The Excitement is Building!

"AAAAHHHH!"

Just got back from the dentist.  Good news!  I got another clean bill of health.  Oh there is that one tooth that is ready to collapse but I've had that diagnosis for about fifteen years.  I think I have a few more years.  I love the dentist I go to now.  So convenient, friendly and cost effective.  

I go to work today and then when I come home tonight I enter into my California State of Mind mode.  I'm starting to get excited now folks!

This weekend I'll start packing but I won't be packing much.  Just five days worth of underwear and socks.  One pair of pants, a festive shirt for my "The Price is Right!"


appearance (and I an convinced I will appear on that happy show).  A sweater (or two) but only one other shirt change.  Always in past vacations I've taken too many shirts which I invariably never wear. If I need another shirt (or two), I'll just buy them in LA.  I hear LA has a lot of stores.

I'm getting a little of the subject here but I have to tell you I am thoroughly enjoying the Republican's dilemma now that Ted Cruz's qualifications for president are finally being challenged.  It's about time. Holy smokes, he WAS born on foreign soil.  In fact, up until eighteen months ago he held a dual citizenship for Canada and the U.S.  Karma is so sweet. Remember all the hub bub about Barack Obama not being eligible to run for president because of the claims that he was actually born in Kenya?  And the further irony is that Donald Trump, who got his start with the false Birther argument against Barack Obama, is the one who brought the subject up.  I wonder why the media hasn't brought up this valid issue before.  I'm loving seeing the smug Ted Cruz now giving tortured arguments that he really is qualified to run for president even though he WAS born on foreign soil.  Wonder how many of those low information voters in Iowa will do with this information.  I have to admit folks I do sometimes enjoy these schadenfreude moments. 

"Hey Ted, weren't you born in Canada?"

14 comments:

  1. Did you hear about the Buddhist who went to the dentist and refused to take Novocain?

    He wanted to transcend dental medication.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good Andy! Loved it!
      Ron

      Delete
  2. I seriously don't even know why this is an issue - I think it shows how ignorant Trump is! Ted's mother is an American citizen born in DE. Really can't stand any of them - the level of stupid is just amazing! Thanks - just had to vent!

    Have a great time in CA - can hardly wait to hear about your travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mags,
      I love the the twisted posting the Tea Bagger Republicans have gotten themselves in. They were all against Obama because they claimed he was born in a foreign country but when one of their own was ACTUALLY born in a foreign country, their silence is defending. Always the hypocrisy with the right wing nut Republicans.
      Not long now until we take off for sunny California.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. The dentist photo is hilarious. I have two broken teeth but haven't been to a dentist yet. When I lived in Texas, my dentist mysteriously left town. No one knew where he went.....(I'm not kidding).

    I'm excited about your upcoming California sojourn and will eagerly await your adventures. It is indeed a good idea to pack light. You can always buy something if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      Did your dentist go on a big game hunting trip to Africa? Seriously though, did you ever find out what happened to him? Not long now until we leave for California. Going to Disneyland this time!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron - loved Andy's joke. Also love it when politics is entertaining instead of just making one upset. And really hope you are a P is R contestant.

    Pat


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Life is good now. I do so enjoy the entertainment of politics. Always have since my earliest memory. And probably always will. I don't get upset by politics but some of my political opposites (read "Republicans") sure do.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. I've had a toothache/gum misery for some weeks now; I have an emergency appointment monday morning.
    Your photo gave me flip-flops or dreadful premonitions this will be me next monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      I am so lucky to have such a wonderful dentist. I hope your dental appointment goes well.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. My father use to say, pack half as many clothes and twice as much money, when going on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      Your father gave you excellent advice. I will pack very little in the clothing line except for the daily change of underwear and socks. You're right, I can always buy what I need.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Anonymous12:46 PM

    I will disagree with the "low information voters in Iowa" statement. You just need to spend time in Iowa before the caucuses to see how serious many Iowans take in being part of this political process. That was a broad generalization that was very unfair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      When is the last time the Iowa caucus voters, low information for highly involved picked a Republican candidate who won the presidency? Iowa caucus voters are not a good representation of the American voting public. New Hampshire is more diversified and more accurate in indicating who the next Republican candidate for presidency will be. Iowa wanted to be first in the nation to vote. But their vote isn't any real indication of who the candidate will be. Just ask Huckabee, Robertson, and Santorum.
      Ron

      Delete