Monday, January 04, 2016

Hollywood - One Week To Go!



This time next week Pat and I will be flying the Big Bird (American Airlines) to our annual sojourn to Hollywood, California.  Can't wait!

I am especially anxious to get away from the continuing frustrations of poor service in my little corner of this world.

Just this morning I find that my online Scabble on Facebook has further malfunctioned.  Not only does the Teacher function not work (which I PAID for), now the letters don't appear on the tiles.  Wonderful!  And just who do you contact to correct this malfunction?  Ever try communicating with HELP at Facebook?  I have more of a chance of winning the Powerball Lottery (which I may just buy a ticket, I saw on the news this morning the jackpot is up to $400 mil)!


And, believe this or not, I STILL haven't received my new (replacement) Discover credit card.  Remember when I called Discover (Wallet Protection) a couple of weeks ago to tell them I lost my credit card?  Not only did they not discontinue my credit card they didn't send me a new one.  Then when I called inquiring about the credit card, they apologized (said it was a "clerical error") and they would send a new one "Fed Ex overnight express."  Oh sure, I didn't get that one either.  I call again and I was told it was send "regular mail, five to six business days."  I asked "Did I do something wrong?  This is twice you have made a mistake."  Again, with the usual boiler plate apologies to sooth my troubled soul and assurances a new card would be "Fed Exed" today.  I'm waiting.  I just hope I can get it by the time I leave for California next Monday!  

Then this morning I get a call from my co-worker asking if I can come in early. She has a doctor's appointment.  Well, I guess that can't be avoided so that's more disruption to my day.  I always take a nap before I go in so I can be at my perkiest. 




Then Bill stops up this morning.  He can't get on his iPad.  I've explained so many times how he can go on Settings and choose a WIFI network but he keeps getting confused.  Again, a situation that can't be helped and I promised to be more patient with him next year, which is this year now.

So folks, I've posted a few videos from my trip last year to Los Angeles which I don't think I posted before.  I'm ready folks.  I'm ready!

Pat, Tony and me last year in Los Angeles

15 comments:

  1. Good Gawd, Ron - - with all those pesky problems, you deserve to get away and relax. Sometimes I think life would be better if we simplified it, like the Amish.

    It hardly seems possible that a year has passed since your previous visit to L.A.
    As I'm sitting here in the frigid wilderness of TN (it's 25 degrees today) I'm missing my life in California more and more. The balmy sunshine and mild winters are certainly enviable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      More pesky problems this morning but I think I've finally gotten them behind me after an intensive effort.
      So looking forward to visiting Lotus Land again, especially now during the 18 degree cold winds we're having here in southern Delaware now. Balmy sunshine, here we come!
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Discover - I gave up on them 10 years ago for poor customer service. Anticipation is part of the pleasure of travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      I finally received my new Discover card yesterday, exactly two weeks after I reported it lost. Wow. Come Discover, get your act together. And yes David, anticipation is a big part of the pleasure of travel. You know (smile).
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see the pics from the trip, Ron!! One of my ex boyfriends card went out of date and I remember him having the hardest time with the credit card company. I think they finally fed ex'd him a new one. Good luck with that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,
      Oh there will be plenty of new pics from Lotus Land as well as video. We LOVE LA!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron - sooo looking forward to a nice adventure filled yet relaxed vacation with all the beautiful people in LA!! And catching up with Nadege and Tony!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not long now Pat until we're in the Land of Dreams. And isn't it going to be wonderful to catch up with Nadege and Tony!
      Ron

      Delete
    2. See you guys soon! Contact me when you get here and we can figure out a meetup!

      Delete
  5. Your excitement is almost tangible, Ron - re your coming Hollywood excursion NOT your Facebook and credit card travails. I don't blame you one bit, though I do envy you like hell.

    I've played your videos above - but, alas, still get no sound, so can only imagine Pat's strummings and vocals - and, by golly, they're pretty darned good!

    When you see Tony in LA, please tell us he's still got that beard. Visual evidence will be required. If he's misplaced it I don't want to know - and probably don't want to see either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      So sorry you can't hear the videos. That is the pleasure of them. Pat has such a wonderful, gentle singing voice. Always on key and so pleasurable to listen to him sing. He is talent. And I'll make sure to tell Tony you said "Hi!" when we see him next week.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Only if he's still got that face-fuzz, Ron - but I can tell you that I'm already blushing at the thought.

      Delete
    3. Ray,
      Tony is a hottie for sure. I'll tell him what you said. I'll give him a good hug from you too!
      Ron

      Delete
  6. I look forward to the LA updates.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      I'm looking forward to making them!
      Ron

      Delete