Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Up and Running!



Finally, satisfaction!  I'm up and running with my network.  Not that it didn't take a lot of effort on my part.  

Today was the day that the Comcast service person was supposed to stop by, one week to the day since I lost service.  

So here I am this morning, sitting at my computer with my screwed up network, on a rainy day (usually when Comcast comes, when it rains), thinking "I better check to see if he/she is really coming."

So I make a call to Comcast.  Guess what?  They DIDN'T have a record of a service call scheduled today for me!

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?


UNBELIVEABLE!


I immediately asked to speak to someone "higher up".  If I didn't get this problem resolved (my network straightened out that was caused by Comcast's power outage last Tuesday) I was going to close my account.  Yes, I would do that and go back to Verizon's SLOW and frequently dropped Internet connection.  Big choice huh?  

After being told that their records indicated I was receiving their service. Well, I am but my network is still screwed up.  And no one told me that they cancelled my service call.  Some "service" huh?  Comcast continues to live up to it's reputation as one of the worst service companies in America.

Well, enough of slamming Comcast because I think I'm bordering on being boring now.  I made my point. So here is what happened.

So I was immediately connected to one of their  technicians. She apologized for my inconvenience and walked me through the routine for correcting my network.  DONE!  


However, I still had a problem with my Apple Time Capsule so I called Apple to help me with that situation.  DONE!  

Then I had a problem with my wireless HP printer.  Guess what?  I figured that out myself as I did my Wave Bose Radio Internet connection.

So folks, cross your fingers and toes, I am back to normal. Exactly one week after Comcast went down.  And I had to go through yet another Comcast Service Frustration.  Make those sales Comcast, minimize the service.

I just hope Comcast doesn't take over the country. That would be worse than the Republicans taking over the country.




1 comment: