Thursday, December 31, 2015

Thoughts as 2015 Ends



Here we are at the end of another year.  And what a year it has been for me.  Remember last February 18th?  That was the day I slipped and fell on the ice as I was leaving work, thus severing the quadricep muscle in my left leg.  That little "slip" put me out of commission for twelve weeks.  

I couldn't walk. I was totally dependent on Bill to just exist.  If it wasn't for Bill I would have been placed in a rehab facility.  Thank goodness for Bill!

I'm walking again, not quite the same as I was before but I.AM.WALKING for which I am totally grateful.

It seems as if each year brings on new health challenges for me.  I hope I get a pass this new year.  I'm ready to coast for a few years.  Enjoy what time I have left (there he goes with the "I'm dying" theme again). 

I am working at the hotel tonight but I do have tomorrow off which I am looking forward too.  Again, like the Christmas holiday, the first time in years I've had off for New Year's and I plan to totally enjoy my day off.

Yesterday as Bill and I were going out for our daily ride, we encountered our neighbor (and fellow former Downingtown resident) Jane J. She just had the interior of her house repainted and insisted that we come up and see the finished product.  You all know me, I always like house tours so that will be my activity tomorrow. 

I don't have anything else planned.  I don't "do" football games anymore.  I see enough TV commercials already with the few TV shows I watch.  

I plan to play more online Scrabble, catch up on my e-mail and will definitely take in a movie at the Tipton Cinema tomorrow night.  And of course Bill and I will go out for our Daily Drive.  We always get out of the house at least once a day.  

For any of you going out this New Year's Eve, drive safely and if you're indulging (drinking), make sure you have a designated driver!

Happy New Year!

11 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best for the New Year, Ron!! I hope both Bill and you have perfect health this year!!
    Also, I do enjoy football. Love the game!! It also doesn't hurt that some of the players are cuties!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,
      Thank you so much for your well wishes. I used to like football but way too many commercials which ruined watching the games on TV for me. Have a great new year!
      Ron

      Delete
  2. hopes for a healthy and prosperous year ahead for you and Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too David and safe travels for you and happy ones too!
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Sorry Roger! I got you mixed up with David (Travel). My profound apologies!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. All the best to you and Bill (and Pat, too!) for a healthy and happy new year! Can't wait to see and read about your new adventures in LA-LA Land!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Walt! My best to you and Ken for the New Year. Only one more week to go until the Ron and Pat Show is on the road again, this time in California!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Wishing a you happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safe travels to you David. And much happiness in the new year!
      Ron

      Delete
  5. I just love those glasses; they make me smile every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing those glasses make me smile hard too Dr. Spo. Happy New Year!
      Ron

      Delete