Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Philadelphia Has Come and Gone!


Wow!  What a week we had in Philly folks! 

The time flies by so fast. So fast in fact that I couldn't even keep my blog up to date as I'm sure some of my regular blog followers have noticed.  My apologies folks, but last week was just so jammed packed with adventure, fun, interesting sights, meeting and making new friends, reuniting with old friends, experiencing the fabulous city of Philadelphia - that I was left exhausted by the time my friend Larry deposited me home last Saturday.

Where do I start?  And folks, I will try to make this posting as concise as possible lest I bore anyone (who has a tight schedule) with my wild old man adventures.

Here we go:

My friend Larry picked me up last Saturday (November 30th).  On the way to Philly we stopped by the Primehook Nature Reserve for a walk. 


Me and Larry at Primehook


After our walk (photos to follow of course but not here, not now) we headed north on I-95 to Philly.

Arriving in Philly, Larry took me on a tour of where he used to work (South Philly) and where he used to live (University Park, West Philly).  All very interesting Lar, thanks! 

Then Lar took me to the guest suite which I had rented for five days at my friend Don's co-op at 21st and Walnut Street (Center City) in Philly.  Fabulous suite! 

Don at his apartment

After introducing him to my longtime friend Don, which I was very pleased to do - connecting two of my longtime friends from different phases of my life - Larry left for his home in Claymont Delaware.  

I spent my first night in Philly sans Pat.  He was to arrive by plane the next day.  He wanted to give me time to settle.  That night I went out for dinner with Don's friends during their regular weekly outing. 


Don's friends at weekly dine out
And this my friends is where I leave this blog posting.  I will pick up where I left off with my next blog posting.  Right now I have to get some Christmas cards off.  Yes, I am behind on my Christmas cards too!

8 comments:

  1. Good to see you back in Blogland - - and it's obvious that you had a great time in Philly.
    Is Christmas really only two weeks away??? Heck, I didn't even get around to carving my jack-o-lantern yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon,
    It's good to be back in Blogland! Oh yes, I had a fabulous time in Philly. One more month and we're in Los Angeles. The good times Jon, the good times. And yes, the time is flying. That's why I don't put off doing the good things anymore.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing the tales of the city

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      We had a fabulous time in Philly!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Philly, Ron, is a destination. Fabulous city with wonderful people, architecture, restaurants - and great neighbourhoods full of elegant row houses on narrow streets. But one thing they do like to do is honk their horns. Ron you are a terrific travel companion!!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      This is not the same Philly I lived and worked in for over thirty years. Philly then was a pale copy of what it is today, a vibrant and exciting city. Maybe I shouldn't have moved!
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Actually Baggie pants are back in with the "younger" set. You look like an attractive man of leisure in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,
      I am so much more comfortable in cargo pants. Plus, the safety and security of my iPhone, money and credit cards. With regular jeans there is too much of a chance of that stuff falling out of the pockets when I sit. It's happened to be before.
      Ron

      Delete