Sunday, December 13, 2015

New Bose Wave Radio


Hey folks!  I just treated myself to a wonderful Christmas present - a new Bose Wave radio.

For years I've seen the ads for the Bose Wave radio in the back of my magazines.  I've always been intrigued but after reading the small print of how much the monthly payments were, I wasn't too keen on paying over $1,000 for a RADIO, no matter how good the sound.  What?  Do I want to listen to commercials in fantastic sound? That's the reason I don't listen to radio .  . . the commercials

But still, in my wanderings I have occasionally encountered a Bose radio and I have to tell you folks, I love the sound that comes out of that little box.  So, it's always been in the back of my mind to one day take the plunge and buy one.

Well, that time came two days ago.  While returning from a birthday lunch with my neighbor Barbara, I asked her to stop by the Bose store at the Tanger Outlet Center in Rehoboth Beach.  Well folks, I found exactly what I was looking for.  A fantastic piece of equipment that not only plays my CD's but has an app that I can hook up to Internet radio.  

Upon immediately entering the Bose store, I was greeted with a friendly and knowledgeable salesman (cute too, which always helps) who listened to me (oh how often to you get a salesperson who actually listens to you?) and found exactly what I was looking for.  And all for only $599.00.  And of course NO TAX because I am, after all, shopping in tax free Delaware. None of that 14% Toronto sales tax or even that 8% Philadelphia tax.  And of course none of the attitude that I usually encounter when dealing with other salespeople.  No pressure here folks, "Jim" just listened to what I was looking for and found it.  He even offered to take the box out to my car.  I was tempted (oh how I do like to be waited on my a nice looking man) but I told him I could manage

When I got home I was a little leary about setting up the app on my iPhone but folks, no problem.  I find lately companies are making it much easier to set up things digitally. Maybe they're taking their clue from the late Steve Jobs.  Whatever, I am one happy customer. 

Now I can play my Scrabble boards, check my e-mail and update my blog with fantastic musical accompaniment which makes for one Happy Ron. Frank is pretty happy too!

Frank's cousin "Jimmy" wants one too!



13 comments:

  1. You'll love it. I treated myself to one a few years ago. I waited till I knew my neighbors on either side were away (I live in Philly, in your old 'hood), and cranked up the volume. Oh. My. Goodness. What a sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    I LOVE this radio. I'm of the old American Bandstand record review teens who always said (when reviewing a new record), "It's got a good beat."
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treat yourself well,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      Absolutely! I always do as should everyone else. Nobody knows better what I like than myself.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Damn, there goes your Christmas surprise.
    I guess I can still exchange it for some fruitcake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      Oh darn!
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Okay Ron - this is where people really find out we're nuts. I told Jimmy that we already have a great SONOS system in the house and he gets to listen to BOSE in the Fiat when he goes out clubbing.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Oh we're nuts alright but you know, just between you and me, we do have a LOT of fun. We understand one another. In fact, we're a lot alike. I'm glad I found you!
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Never heard of this thing. Must needs investigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Unbelievable! Everyone has heard of the Bose sound systems. Ray? Really? The Bose sound systems are the best. I have Bose speakers with my computer. My neighbor Barbara has Bose speakers in her Cadillac. The Bose sound systems are the Cadillac of sound systems.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. I don't recall anyone mentioning or even writing the word, Ron (though I'm sure you will have the latter). As I say, must have a look at it. Not that I'm in a position to do anything when I find out what you're talking about.

      Delete
  7. Bose Wave rocks...

    ...and you and Pat were photo bombed in your masthead photo!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy,
    You're right, on both counts! We were photo bombed on the masthead photo which actually I didn't even notice until I posted it and Bose Wave does rock. In fact I'm listening to it now.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete