Tuesday, December 22, 2015

More Frustations!



Folks, more frustration and angst in Casa Tipton-Kelly Land.  On Sunday I lost my Discover credit card.  

I. AM. LOST. WITHOUT. THAT. CARD

I used it at Lowe's, Best Ace Hardware (two of their stores) and on the Internet (Amazon, when we couldn't find what we were looking for at Lowe's or Best Ace, should've started with Amazon in the first place).

I've called both Ace hardware stores and Lowe's.  NO. CARD.

I called Discover yesterday and killed the card.  A new one will be in the mail in a few days.

Thank goodness there were no unauthorized charges on it.  

Now the pain is going on the Internet and changing my credit card number for at least ten companies which charge me automatically.  This is the second time I've done this in two years.  A real pain.  The last time I had to change everything was when my previous credit card number (also Discover) was stolen when I made a purchase in Buffalo, New York on my way to Canada to visit Pat.  

So in addition to my home computer network still screwed up, I now have this to contend with.  Bill is convinced that I am LOSING IT.  

Today (one week to the day), my Comcast service person is scheduled to arrive.  Of course it is raining as it always does when I have a Comcast serviceperson entering Casa Tipton-Kelly.  

SHOES OFF or were the booties please.

What else can go wrong?  

I'm looking forward to a few weeks of just coasting.  Playing online Scrabble, writing and reading blogs, listening to my new Bose Wave radio, follow the political clown show, etc. 

Oh, and Christmas is a few days away.

Wait a minute!  I almost forgot.  I had another disaster yesterday.  I was supposed to go into work in the morning at the hotel.  I was switching shifts with my co-worker Monica who had a doctor's appointment at 9:00 AM.



At 7:17 AM, as I was turning over in my bed for "another twenty minutes of sleepy time slumber",  I am rudely awaken by the ringtone of my iPhone on the bed stand next to my bed.  I look and see Monica's face on the display of my big iPhone 6S plus.  OMIGOD!  I was supposed to go into work this morning!  

I answered the phone.  Monica said "Where are you?  You were supposed to be in this morning." 

Uh, that's right.  I apologized and said I would be in about twenty minutes as soon as I got dressed and put my day face on.  

I arrived at work at about 8:00 AM, only about an hour and a half when I should have arrived at work.  No wonder Bill thinks I'm losing IT.

And then last night we went out to Bill's favorite "family restaurant" (mostly old folk like us who prefer cheap eats).  Not a good meal folks plus I had to drive home in the dark which is difficult for me these days with my growing cataracts.  And I didn't get that meal (Chicken Ceasar wrap without the Ceasar dressing) settled in my stomach until I made and downed a banana smoothie before I went to bed.  

And here I am on this rainy morning, waiting for The Cable Guy Comcast service person.

Let's hope this day goes better. Things could be worse.  I could have been named Miss Universe only to have my crown ripped off my head because Steve Harvey, the emcee MADE A MISTAKE!  God, can you imagine?


1 comment:

  1. dear me
    that first photo made me jump a bit.

    ReplyDelete