Thursday, December 24, 2015

Happy Birthday Mom!

Mom with the Christmas Teddy Bear I gave her December 2001

Today would have been my Mom's 92nd birthday. 


Mom loved flowers. You could never go wrong giving her flowers

Yes, my Mom was a Christmas Eve Baby. 


Mom with her "November Baby" - ME! - 1942
She died September 10, 2010.  


Me with my Mom at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA - her last years were a constant series of doctor's appointments - here she is filling out a questionnaire before a procedure 

Six years ago.  


Mom and me - 1946 - I was a heavy thinker at an early age

I miss her every day.


Mom with her sister-in-law and best friend (both worked at Pepperidge Farm), Mabel
Mom had the best smile

One of the comforts I am looking forward to when I die is that this pain will no longer be with me.


Mom with Pop - the love of her (and his) life - married 62 years

Happy birthday Mom!


Mom with Tiger (Pop's dog) and her cat (and guardian) Rusty - Rusty died shortly after my Mom of a broken heart
Mom (far right) with Bill and my brother John and his family - dinner at our Philadelphia house 1968

8 comments:

  1. The photos in your blog are a delight to see. Thanks for letting me cast an eye on your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Tommy.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and very poignant post, Ron, with such special memories on Christmas Eve. I know that you were as close to your mother as I was to mine. This is a loss from which neither of us will fully recover....but at least the warm memories remain.
    Take care, and have a peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      You know. We both had truly exceptional moms. One of the indelible memories I have is the first time I met someone who didn't like his mom. I didn't know such a thing was possible. Up until that time I thought everyone had exceptional moms like we had.
      You know that constant pain that our moms are no longer in this world. That we can't talk to them, share experiences and just sit silently with one another knowing we have that special bond. The pain of missing them never goes away does it Jon? Only when we die then will it end. When my Mom died I felt like part of me died. Funny thing, I didn't feel that way when my father died but we understand that too don't we Jon?
      Ron

      Delete
  3. a lovely tribute, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ron - love the photos and captions. The one of your mom and pop must have been taken in the 70s.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those photos were taken in the 70's Pat, your favorite time. And of course, you had a truly exceptional mom. I would have loved to have met her.
      Ron

      Delete