Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Eve Eve



Well folks, it is now 12:05 AM, the Day Before Christmas Eve.  

I've had quite a week but everything is just about settled down here at Casa Tipton-Kelly. Oh, my wireless printer isn't working again even though I have the new network setup on it.  I'll call Hewlett-Packard tomorrow about that tomorrow.  But that's a minor problem (annoying yes) that I hope will be resolved tomorrow.

But today I want to bask in the very mild weather we're having here on the East Coast.  Oh yes, white Christmases are wonderful but in reality I would rather see a white Christmas on TV or in the movies than experience one in person.  

Tomorrow, with the temperature in the low 70's, I plan to do some yard work.  Specifically I want to prepare my compost pile garden by putting my spare flagstone around it.  Exciting activity for sure which I'm sure fascinates all of my readers.  But hey, not many people are reading my blog now, they busy with their Christmas activities.

Bill will be at the Wilmington VAMC tomorrow for the first in a eight week series of tests on his heart arrhythmia issue. Tomorrow will be one of those rare days that I'll be by myself.  Ah yes.  Not that I don't love Bill but sometimes, it's nice just to be ALONE.

Christmas Eve I work at the hotel but I'm not working Christmas Day.  What a treat.  I can't remember the last time I didn't work Christmas Day.  We don't have anything planned here at Casa Tipton-Kelly.  Christmas to us is just another day, albeit a quiet one without much traffic on the roads.  That's one thing I really like about Christmas, the traffic is very light. Maybe we'll take a ride down to Rehoboth Beach and enjoy the solitude of the boardwalk.  I feel like just walking on "the boards" with a gentle salt air breeze in my face and the sound of seaside sound of sea gulls.  

That will be my Christmas.  I think I'll like that.

4 comments:

  1. You've certainly had an annoying (rotten) week but I'm glad to know things have settled down. Working on Christmas Eve isn't too bad, it's undoubtedly a quiet time. I hope you have a restful and relaxing Xmas - - that's what I plan to do. It has warmed up here, going to be near 70 on Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      I've had a very frustrating week, that's for sure. I finally got my wireless printer working this morning too. Although I had to deal with a Philippine woman with a very heavy accent but we got the job done. Christmas Eve is always quiet at the hotel. That's why I like to work at a hotel front desk. I hope you have a very peaceful Christmas Eve and Day.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. hohoho
    may 2016 be splendid for you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you Dr. Spo!

      Delete