Sunday, November 15, 2015

Liberté survit!


Another barbaric act of violence was perpetuated by Muslim religious zealots.  This time the innocent victims were the citizens of Paris, France.

To my dying day I will never understand the need and willingness of some members of our common human race to destroy others simply because they do not believe as they do.  

What goes through the minds of these people who commit such acts of atrocity?  Oh sure, it is easy to blame the Muslim religion, which actually teaches to "destroy the infidel".  In other words if you don't believe as they do, they feel it is their duty to destroy you.  At least that's the way I understand their religion.

But folks, let's admit that all cultures have their barbarians who seek pleasure in causing death in destruction.  Be it some Lewes teenagers (almost always male) who have an overload of hormones and burn down a vacant bard or a young Muslim who thinks he'll be a martyr by killing as many "infidels" as possible and be rewarded in Heaven with 72 virgins.  Which, brings to mind how are the gay martyr's rewarded?  But I digress.

My apologies folks for my rambling.  I thought long and hard about what I would post in response to the horrific tragedy in France where people were going about their everyday lives only to have terror rain down upon them.  The obvious question is "Why does God permit this?"  And don't give me the old "mystery" thing.  I'm not buying it.  

All I know is each day most of us go through lives just trying to survive. Most of us aren't trying to make others live the way we do, or lie cheat and steal.  But there is that element that seeks to destroy.  If there is a God, I thank God I'm not one of that human species.  

So today I will think about those in France who have lost their loved ones.  I will also think about those who are grievously injured and for no better reason than they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

I often wondered if our planet is observed from other life form in outer space.  What do they think of us constantly causing harm and causing death and destruction to each other?  

Rodney King said it best (which, I doubt he really said it but I'll use the quote anyway):

"Can't we all just get along?"

I fear not.  

The terrorists have achieved their goal.  Look at how we live now. That's their point, to create terror.




But it is only temporary folks.  In the end the terrorists will lose.  Then what new evil awaits us?

For now though, my thoughts go out to those who have lost so much in this latest act of barbarism by Muslim religious extremists. May they find peace and solace soon. 

8 comments:

  1. I hope reason, love, and united virtue overcomes the dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dark (evil) will always be with us Dr. Spo, but I am heartened that good eventually overcomes the evil every time it rises. This is the challenge of life. Combating evil and survival.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank for your comment Fit Studs. Always appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Remember, Ron - this has NOTHING to do with Islam (or, indeed, religion) - or so we're told, and therefore it must be so, right? Yeah, sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      As long as Islam reached "death to the infidels", there will be a problem with this religion. No other religion has this tenant.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:28 AM

    We suffered the attack of these bastard faithfuls a decade ago, now it is turn of our neighbors and we have to cope with grief and anger again. The problem is that they are in our streets, in our neighborhoods, hidden between the people that came to Europe just to have a better life. It is a difficult problem but we will survive. As horrofying as they are, these barbaric acts are almost nothing compared to what they do in their own countries everyday. Of course, all in the name of God. Juan. Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      Murderous thugs are always among us. Thankfully most countries have them under control. However, some failed states (Mid-East and Africa), the murderers and criminals are in charge.
      Ron

      Delete