Friday, September 18, 2015

Trump's Downfall

Kiss that presidential campaign "goodbye" Donald


Well folks, I've been enjoying the Traveling Donald Trump show as have many others.  But last night, at a town hall meeting in New Hampshire, during a town hall meeting Donald Trump showed his true character.  The first questioner "asked" Mr. Trump:




Trump should have immediately corrected the questioner that Barrack Obama IS NOT A MUSLIM (not that there is anything the matter with that, Muslims are also citizens of these United States), but that he also should have corrected the questioner that Barrack Obama IS A CITIZEN of the United States.  Donald Trump should have done what former Republican presidential candidate John McCain did seven years ago when confronted with a similar situation when a woman in his audience called Barrack Obama "an Arab". 



This folks is the difference between character.  While I'm no fan of John McCain (war hawk), with this exchange John McCain showed that he has character.  On the other hand, last night's failure by Donald Trump to immediately correct that audience member on his disrespectful and incorrect question about Barrack Obama, showed that he has ZERO character and is unqualified to be president.  

In past posts I have admitted that I've been enjoying Donald Trump shaking up the Usual Suspects (Washington based news media and political establishment), those days of enjoyment have ended for me.  I have NO respect for Donald Trump land I feel sorry for his supporters who believe this fallacy that Barrack Obama is not a U.S. citizen and is a Muslim (not that there is anything the matter with that).  




I don't know who is going to be the next president of the United States but as of last night I am certain it will not be Donald Trump.  No one who condones such hates and divisiveness in this country can ever be elected president.  

And I'll give you another example, as much as I despised George W. Bush and his presidency, I'll give him this.  Bush never condoned anti-Muslim rhetoric.  

Moving on folks, I'm moving on.  Mark this day, Donald Trump is on his way out as a serious presidential candidate.

Post Script:  Donald Trump's pitiful response to his lack of action correcting the bigot at his town hall meeting:

The answer Donald Trump is when you up on a stage and someone asks you a bigoted question it is your responsibility to correct the bigot. And here I thought Donald Trump was smart.  Apparently he is not.

16 comments:

  1. You do realize Hillary Clinton started this rumour in 2008? I agree with you, Trump would not make a good president, but to me none of them are presidential material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      You're right, not one of the Republicans running for president would make a good president. The only qualified candidates are on the Democratic side and one of them will win.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:30 PM

    McCain lost the election. So much for being a Mr. Nice Guy.
    Of course Obama is a muslim. There is no doubt that he has favored them over others.
    You don't have to look at America right now.
    Look at the migrant crisis in Europe right now.
    Get on a plane and go to Paris or Milan.
    All run over by muslims.
    Stop being so naive.
    They're coming here also and going to take over.
    When people say that Obama is not an American, they mean that Obama is not that patriotic. He seems to despise America and should be faulted for his 'Forgive America' tour. You do know Europe wants to strip Obama of his Nobel Peace Prize, right? They have come to the conclusion that Obama has done NOTHING to deserve it. Duh?
    Everyone knows that Obama was born in America but that alone hasn't made him an American.
    It is NOT Trumps place to correct his audience. It didn't work for McCain and it ain't gonna work for The Donald.
    Get over yourself.
    Obama may be a nice person but he hasn't been such a great president IMHO.
    Obama's time is over.
    Let's move on shall we and not be so petty on what 'plants' may say in Trumps audiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McCain has character, Trump does not. He proved it by not correcting the ignoramus who asked him that "question".

      Delete
  3. Ron,
    I don't think Trump was ever a "serious" candidate. I think he is just enjoying the ride and will until the end of the line. As you say, this is the beginning of the end. The one thing I found amusing about the whole Trump situation is that it sure shook up the rest of the Republic-Clowns. Now how are they going to whittle one decent candidate out of the rest of the misfits that are still "in it to win it".
    Donald Trump owes President Obama a huge apology but like all of the other missteps he has made and not apologized for I doubt that one will be forth coming. It's just a short 13 months before the next election, stay tuned for more idiocy from the republicans with a little sprinkling from the Democrats..
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack,
      You're exactly right, I could not have summed up this situation better than you already have.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. We've been following this sorry saga (hah!) here too. But what's also worrying is the assumption under that silly man's question that all Presidents ought to be Christian, even though (of course) not required to be so. I wonder how many Americans agree with that thought. A scarily high number, I fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Obama isn't a Christian but of course the question is so what if he is a Muslim? There's something wrong with that? Now if he was a radical Muslim extremist or a radical Christian extremist, both are bad. Muslims don't have the corner on religious hypocrisy and extremism.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Obama is NOT a Christian? I always assumed that he was, but if that's true - and I have every confidence that you would know - then that gives some hope for us atheists. (Didn't I read that in a survey an atheist President would be about as popular as a paedo, and certainly looked on less favourably than an openly gay one? Or am I now, in my dotage, getting confused between dreams and real life?). Needless to say, for me as for you, seeing a Muslim as American President (or British Prime Minister) is of much of a muchness as having a practising Christian one.

      Delete
    3. Ray,
      Like you I don't believe in an Afterlife so I guess that makes me an atheist. Oh I would like to have an afterlife but I'm pretty sure that once we check out of this world, that is is. Whatever it is that inhabits our bodies (soul) is dispersed, never to be formed in the same way again. and as for President Obama being a Muslim (which is isn't), so what if he was. Is it bad to be a Muslim? It is the religious extremists who are the danger, whatever the religion be it Muslim or Christian.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. They could all take lessons from Jimmy Carter as to how to behave as a presidential candidate and a Christian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie,
      Exactly right!
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Ron - I think you really caught a slip up in Trump's "campaign". But it will be interesting to see if/how others will react. I personally think the reason Trump is interesting and entertaining is because he isn't a politician. Many of us have tired of politicians with politically correct views or those which work best for them. Never getting a straight answer. At the same time - I think Trump was caught off guard by the question and didn't necessarily say what he really thought. He acted like a politician by not wanting to rebuke or confront a supporter and tried to get out of the situation in a non committal way saying "we'll look into that". So why I believe Trump tripped here is because, due to his great success thus far, he's gradually sliding into becoming a politician. And he acted like one - and that will be his downfall. Because if you are going to vote for a politician you'll want one with more experience and background. I believe what you pointed out as his lack of character was his lack of honesty and integrity in the moment.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Yours is the most insightful and thoughtful reply I believe I have ever received to one of my blog posts. I think you are exactly right. Donald Trump, surprised by his success in the presidential campaign, is slipping into a politician mode and that will (ironically) be his downfall.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. I can't stand the man. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found Trump amusing for awhile but after his latest display of ignorance and lack of character, I no longer find him either amusing or entertaining.

      Delete