Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Canada, Here I Come!

"Frank" says we're ready to go

First thing this morning I checked my e-mails of my flight confirmation and ticket to Buffalo.  Wasn't there.  Oh no.

So I called American Airlines.  Thankfully it didn't take me too long to get through.  I stated my concern (no e-mail confirmation).  She checked and found that I hadn't confirmed an e-mail flight change.  What?

I did get a flight change a few weeks ago.  They changed the time but I didn't see anywhere on the e-mail where I could confirm it.  I told her and she said she didn't have my e-mail in front of her so she couldn't tell me but she could confirm my flight for me and send me an e-mail. (Wow. Long sentence there which, you know, I try to avoid).  

I checked the e-mail again (I save EVERYTHING) from American Airlines and have yet to see where I confirm it.  Oh well, I got my confirmation now and printed out my ticket.  I'll scan that when I get to the airport this time tomorrow.  I'll also do the scan of my boarding pass with my iPhone so I can breeze through security (if I remember how).  

Bill's driving me to the airport (Philadelphia International) tomorrow.  I've been paying co-workers to drive me but decided to save that money ($150 one way) and go on my own schedule instead of working around their schedule.  This time I'll catch the plane at 12:15 PM instead of some ungodly hour early in the morning even before the sun rises.  Last time I thought if I left early I would avoid the crowds and confusion.  Hey, the airport is crowded and confused at ALL HOURS.

So I did a last check of my packing.  It hurt but I kept myself down to two shirts, one pair of long pants (which I will wear) and one short. Five sets of underwear.  Socks. Laptop computer, iPad, iPhone, Apple watch, chargers, some toiletries and "Frank", my good luck Travel Bear.


10 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip! :) And enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hot Guy.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. I definitely intend to. And I am visiting the hottest guy I know!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that American is the only airline that wants you to confirm minor changes in schedule, Delta recently made a three hour change on one of mine, with no confirmation or phone call, five hours between flights instead of two. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      I never did find where I confirm on their e-mail.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Randy in NEB2:14 AM

    Hi Ron, What a cute little bear. I have TY bear about like it that a good friend gave me last year while visiting out east. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Bill will miss you mightily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does. I don't know why because I can be a mighty pain in the ass.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12:09 PM

      ain't THAT the truth!

      Delete