Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pat and Ron on the Boardwalk



While Pat was down here for a few days last week (settling on the sale of his lot in Milton), I took advantage of his driving skills (he had a rented car) and had him take me to the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk.

Normally during the summer tourist season I stay as far away as possible from the madness that is Summertime In Rehoboth Beach.  But I do have to admit I do like to experience the "Gone to the beach summer ambiance" at least once. However, when I've done The Deed on my own, it's just not the same as experiencing this unique summer tradition with a friend.  Bill can't stand the crowds and the posing and the noise.  The only time I can get Bill to go with me to the boardwalk is very early in the morning when no one else is around except those crack of dawn yoga ladies on the beach (what is THAT all about anyway).  

In past years my longtime friend Lar and I would take the "boardwalk walk", Larry driving of course.  We would do that on the day of Lar's birthday on June 27th, right after we had our annual Olde Time photo session.  However this year we took the photos early during Pat's spring visit.  We took the walk on the boardwalk but it wasn't the same as the craziness that is the height of the season Boardwalk Walk.

I especially like walking and experiencing the boardwalk in early evening just as the sun is going down.  So, to make a LONG story short (why am I taking so many words to say this?), I absconded Pat to take me to the boardwalk.  

I got plenty of photos and videos (two of which I'm posting here including the one below which I just found out I was "video bombed" by a girl behind us - the nerve).  

So sit back and enjoy our fun videos from the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk.  The only downside of our wonderful experience last week was our two friends Ed and Wayne ("The Cajun") weren't here to enjoy our camaraderie.  Both Ed and Wayne had homes right in Rehoboth Beach, only a few blocks from the boardwalk.  This year their homes are empty but their memories, and the many times we shared laughter, will remain.

9 comments:

  1. You two always crack me up! So nice to watch both videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,
      Fun to make the videos too! As you know, Pat is great company.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron - that had to be the most compact of visits. But got so much done - and so much fun. And I was just down there in Dela where? at the end of last May. Soon the people at Greyhound will know me personally. Or at least the folks at Customs.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Yes, that was a "compact" visit but we got a lot done, especially you!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. There are times I enjoy the crowds, and times I don't. The quiet times are most cherished, but the crowds allow a different kind of escape while people watching.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Quiet times here too are most cherished. But just once during the season I like to immerse myself into the "Summer Experience" that is the Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk in the early evening. But I have to say, once is enough. I got my pictures too for future blog banners.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Great Videos!!! Like the Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randy in NEB12:09 AM

    I see two very handsome and charming fellows. I think it's great that you have a new best friend and some one who doesn't mind crazy traffic. About eight weeks ago I was in LA driving and I loved it, Big city driving doesn't bother me.......yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy,
      Thank you for your very generous comment about "two very handsome and charming fellows." Of course the reality is that Pat and I are two old over the hill geezers who happened to like each other a lot and get along well without stress.
      Glad you liked LA driving, that's not for me but Pat's used to that kind of traffic, living in Toronto. By the way, Pat and Dr. Spo and Someone are meeting next Monday in Toronto. Unfortunately, this "handsome and charming fellow" won't be there but they promised me that they (all handsome and charming fellows by the way) would talk about me.
      Ron

      Delete