Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Return to Work!


Well, I did it folks!  I returned to work yesterday.  

It was a struggle getting into my car, as the above video attests too, but I did it!  

I've been off work since I fell on the ice February 18th of this  year and ruptured my quadricep muscles in my left leg.  I couldn't move my left leg below the knee.

After surgery and a long healing process and continuing physical therapy sessions three times a week, I returned to work at the hotel yesterday.

I wasn't sure how my endurance would hold up.  I survived the eight hour shift (3 PM to 11 PM) but I was exhausted when I got home.  

When I got to bed about 11:45 PM last night, I didn't get up ONCE. Usually I get up at least once or twice for a bathroom visit. 

NOT ONCE FOLKS.

I was dead to the world until I woke up at my usual time of 7 PM this morning. 

Ah but it was good to get back to work.  I'm a very active fellow and the past three months of inactivity was turning me into a slug.  I need activity.  Not a marathon run but just activity.  

I need that social interaction with other people.  

I need to have something to work my week around, which is what my part-time job at the hotel affords me. 

And I need the money.  Yes folks, I need the money to keep up with the ever increasing costs of maintaining the lifestyle to which I've become accustomed.  Those annual trips to Toronto and Hollywood don't come free.  They cost.  

I'm back folks!


Me at work last night - BIG SMILE!









16 comments:

  1. It is so good to see you getting back to normal. I have at least another month at home, I was emailing the office this morning asking them to send me some files so I can start fiddling with things. I think the line of the old some, is we don't know what we have until it is gone. Now we get it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      You are so right, we don't know what we have until it is gone. Believe me, I have a new appreciation of "normalcy." I'm loving getting back to my normal life. I'm pretty sure Wayne pushed me to make me aware of how much I had to lose and I better appreciate it while I'm here.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Fantastic!!!!!
    Your Big Smile says it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      You got that right! (big smile)
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Roger2:14 PM

    Now that you have the first day jitters out of the way .... Smooth Sailing into the Summer Season

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,
      Yes, I did have the first day jitters. They're gone now and I'm ready to rock and roll, just like old times. And just in time for the summer season which is always a challenge no matter how many years (16 years now) working as a hotel front desk agent (we don't call them "clerks" anymore).
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Geo.,
      I second that emotion!
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Life is good!!!! I am happy for you Ron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,
      Yes, life is good. And I'm appreciating every day. Pat will call later today and we will coordinate our plane tickets for this January's return to the Golden State.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Walt,
      Hip, hip hooray!
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Ron - suddenly that front office looks a lot brighter!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely seeing you smile and back at the helm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      No one is more happy to return to work than I am!
      Ron

      Delete